RMA mobo, memory, and cpu or wait?

Just a message for anyone working for OCZ. I think you guys need to tune into your quality control department or something. I was looking at newegg and alot of people other than me have gotten bad ram. Fortunately I got two good sticks this time when I RMAed. I'm not dissing you or anything. Nobody's perfect. I just want to make sure everyone buying your ram is as satisfied as possible.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know *exactly* what you are going through. New machine, $$$$, BSODs and crashing apps this way and that...

My first bet, actually, was going to be the NIC card. Conflicts like that can cause plenty of problems. My sound card, a Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer, gave me the same problem because I forgot to disable the onboard sound.

~Ibrahim~

P.S. Don't mean to be rude, DFI, but you put Signatures and System Specs very high on your list, but we can't see them when we try to post! Fixable?

I am able to see your signature no problem, its probably ment for the other forum users to see your system and to help determine the problem and fix it.

Just a message for anyone working for OCZ. I think you guys need to tune into your quality control department or something. I was looking at newegg and alot of people other than me have gotten bad ram. Fortunately I got two good sticks this time when I RMAed. I'm not dissing you or anything. Nobody's perfect. I just want to make sure everyone buying your ram is as satisfied as possible.

The reviews you read on NewEgg are not an accurate reflection of any product. Most of them are posted by people that know nothing more then plug and play. They shouldn't even be installing their own parts.

There are some real numbnuts that write those reviews....From a review of a processor: "Ultra Quiet..." Many misdiagnose issues...

Those OCZ problems, if you read many of the reviews, were fixed with sticking in one stick at a time and upping the voltage.

They just had a rough start. To me, OCZ and DFI are very alike. They're rather picky, yet when working, they can't be stopped! Both are great overclockers, as well.

Another wireless card caused the same issue? Try reloading the drivers...There seems to be some type of conflict. A shot in the dark: Disable both onboard gigabit lan connections. Does that help any?

You don't have a wireless phone in the house? Don't know if it could cause such problems, but...

~Ibrahim~

P.S. @Booster

No, no. I mean when we are posting. I was trying to post and could not remember what wireless card he had. I had to go back a page and find it. Thankfully, when I went "forward" again, it saved what I already written. Just a bit of a nuisance.

There could very well be a conflict of some sort, but all network connections other than the wireless were disabled at the time. They were disabled in windows. Unless you mean somewhere else. I don't remember seeing a network menu in the bios, so probably not there.

In the BIOS Under the Advanced BIOS features --> Onboard Peripherals you can hardware disable/enable the integrated enternet, audio, etc.

p.s. labels may be slightly different in your BIOS.

So it Blue Screened while you were browsing the internet? OK, at least we can pinpoint it to a network prblem....

To make sure, go play Doom 3 or run some benchmarks with all internet connections DISABLED. Then play with them ENABLED. What happens during both tests?

If it works fine there with them disabled, but not when enabled, then we can be sure it is some issue with the network. Well, lets see what this BSOD was about. Start->Settings->Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Event Viewer. Click System on the left hand side. Look for the time it BSOD'd. Any errors around there? What do they say? Copy them and paste them...(Copy and Paste button is beneath the UP/DOWN arrows.)

~Ibrahim~

P.S. Yes, there should be an option in the BIOS to disable them. Don't worry if they disappear from Network Connections, they'll be back when you enable it again. Have you tried reinstalling the drivers for the Gigabit Lan connections and the Dual Net card?