RMA mobo, memory, and cpu or wait?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone over im told me it could very well be my psu and to check the memory address each time. I wrote it down for the next time and he said that if it's a different address, then it's the psu.

edit: Oh and it crashed after changing the cpu voltage while I tried quake 4.

Hmm, not sure about that PSU "test", since the only way you can really know is by using a voltmeter and checking the rails. Are you using that MSI networking card? That could be causing some problems. Strip it down to bare bones. One stick of ram, processor, video card and hd since you don't need the optical unless you need to reinstall windows. As far as I know, you only need the nvidia drivers for chipset and display in your case. I'm reading that people are using realtek drivers for the karjan module, but the nForce4 series just uses the nvidia sound drivers...

And test another psu if you can. You should be ok ram wise, I might add a little more cpu voltage (like 1.45). In the beggining, we were starting out with 1.5 on the Lanparty nForce4 series to get them cranking. These X2 AM2's shouldn't need that much though. Have you tried running prime to make sure your system is stable outside of the graphics card? Getting bsod in games could mean its the gpu, but thats unlikely (I haven't had this problem when overclocking the gpu, just get artifacts, but if the card is bad it could be causing it).

Hell No, I t is great to have the latest adn Greatest out. I am an AMD man and could easily have a Core 2 setup if I wished. Some people worked thru issues with AMD XP, AMD 64 first release and now we will work thru the AM2 issues. In the end all other platforms turned out great and it was a good feeling to sit back and know you did not throw in the towel and give up just because thigns got a little rough.