RMA mobo, memory, and cpu or wait?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading the link you posted and what Soap posted, something that we've been avoiding is the PSU, I really think you should try another one and see if that fixes the problem.

props to that.

Even though its a high quality PSU doesnt mean it can't be faulty

And we're not sure if its really that high quality. And hes crashing in games. Their are 4 possible explanations:

1) That nic card. Are u using it?

2) PSU. No random restarts though. Unlikely but the most likely at this point, other than a nic card which could be wrecking havoc!

3) Graphics card. These have been known to be dead.

4) Processors. I can't even remember the last time someone had a processor that was definatly bad. It is the least likely problem.

You need more parts to test with!!! get another high quality psu to test, get rid of that nic card for now, and maybe try and get another gpu to test with as well.

I'm running one last pass before I put them both in and get into windows. It looks like I have good memory this time. But I did notice on newegg after I got it that people were having issues getting good sticks. Fortunately, this time, it looks that I got lucky.

Ok, I took out my wireless nic and so far so good. The only thing that went wrong was the computer turned off, but that happened while I was trying to hook something up and I think I bumped the power chord near the supply. That would be the only reason it'd just plain turn off. I played Doom 3 for awhile and I died and quit the game and then I ripped a cd. So far so good, if this keeps up for a few days then I'll know what I'm dealing with. Then there'll be some other minor problems I'm going to try to fix somewhere else, unless you guys can help me.

note: I will not be here Saturday and most of sunday, because I'm going downstate for a wedding. I won't have addiquately tested it till maybe several days after. If nothing goes wrong, then thumbs up.

I know *exactly* what you are going through. New machine, $$$$, BSODs and crashing apps this way and that...

My first bet, actually, was going to be the NIC card. Conflicts like that can cause plenty of problems. My sound card, a Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer, gave me the same problem because I forgot to disable the onboard sound.

~Ibrahim~

P.S. Don't mean to be rude, DFI, but you put Signatures and System Specs very high on your list, but we can't see them when we try to post! Fixable?