19" Widescreen LCD on a budget

suedenim

I'm looking at these two 19" Widescreen monitors

Belinea 1925S1W 19" Widescreen LCD Monitor

Hanns-G HW191D 19" Widescreen LCD Monitor

(see http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/19_...D_Monitors.html)

Any advice, recommendations pls.

Thanks

If you have a Circuit City close by, you can pick up the 20.1" LG L204WT with 5ms Typical Response time and 2000:1 Contrast ratio it's one of the best bang for the buck widescreen monitors.

However, it uses the older TN panel, the color reproduction on it is spectacular, and side to side viewing angles are very good (above or below however, not so much).

If you need inputs though, it's not so great, because it only has DVI-D w/ HDCP and VGA.

Also no height adjustment.

Best buy carries the L194WT if you're looking for the 19" version with the same specs except 1440x900 instead of 1680x1050.

I'm very impressed with these monitors and Gaming is spectacular I notice absolutley zero ghosting in any game I play which includes fast paced FPS such as Quake 4, Doom 3, FEAR, ect. Oblivion looks very beautiful as well.

HDCP also will make these monitors completely Windows Vista compatible.

One last thing that is kind of a downer about these monitors is not internal scaling. So the monitor will always try to stretch the picture if it's meant to be full screen. Although, I haven't come across a problem with this little quirk yet, if you have decent enough hardware to properly push the native res, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Good luck with your decision, and if you'd like to learn more about widescreen monitors in general, go to www.widescreengamingforum.com. It's a very comprehensive website when it comes to gaming on widescreen, along with particular hardware that is a good buy and others to avoid.

:)

EDIT: Whoops, I didn't realize you were in the UK. I don't know if the LG is available in the UK or not. If it is, I'd go check it out to judge for yourself.

I'm looking at these two 19" Widescreen monitors

Belinea 1925S1W 19" Widescreen LCD Monitor

Hanns-G HW191D 19" Widescreen LCD Monitor

(see http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/19_...D_Monitors.html)

Any advice, recommendations pls.

Thanks

i ordered the Hanns-G myself and will be setting it up this week/weekend

my personal 19" widescreen monitors are the Viewsonic VA1912wb's

Unfortunately my Budget is about £150. I would go with Viewsonic as I haven't anything bad about them but the purse strings are killing me.

I'm also a tad concerned about the umph from my Asus GF6800 256MB AGP (Gamer Ed @ 425/1050).

Ideally I'd upgrade my whole system but for those pesky purse strings.

Should I consider getting a 7800 first?

Hope you post back soon about the Hanns Happy_Games.

Thanks for the advice so far folks.

• 4 weeks later...
How is it Happy_Games?

the only problem is that the customer I installed it for is not a gamer, he does video editing and web surfing etc =(

its a fantastic looking monitor...looks about the same as my Viewsonic VA1912wb (but I still like my Viewsonic better!)