And so it begins again, this time with Intel's new Core2Duo

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been 100% satisfied with my E6600 + DFI Infinity 975X/G build. The board may not be feature rich, and it might be a homely green color, but the board itself is rock solid and clocks well with the 97TIDC15 BIOS. Haven't tried the one released in December. If it ain't broke, don't mess with it right? :)

I got to add that now I'm fooling with this cheapo ($109) Gigabyte GA-965P-S3, I'm in love with it.

Clocks more stable (400x8 @ stock 1.23750v vcore, something my 975X/G Infinity couldn't do at same clocks, I was up to 1.4v by then) and actually easier than my Infinity.

I won't claim that either board is better. I just claim that for $150+ the 975X/G is great, sub-$150 the Gigabyte kicks butt!

• 5 weeks later...

I got a DFI ICFX3200-T2R/G and a E6600 @ 3300Mhz 1,29Vcore (Bios) 1,26 (Load) Vdroop=0,04-0,05V :mad:

I thing it is a little bit slower like over board's :

am03tk5.th.png

Does someone of you guys have this board or does someone have a modbios for this ???

Sorry for my english but im from germany :O

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

true alot of have always been Bang-for-the-Buck and with the E2*** series being so reasonably priced you'd be foolish to pass them up for any kind of a budget rig and even all out clocking rigs can be had for less amounts of coin....

I sold ReelFiles the rig he has and he has been very pleased with it for a e2160 and i think he has less the 250.00 in the whole thing +/- some trading ;)

how true.

as i said in another thread i have right around 220 into my cpu/mem/mb, running 3300mhz cpu and 220mhz 4,4,4,12 on memory. thats hard to beat.

my memory was like 36 dollars after rebate. can't remember memory prices that low ever.and i started at pc66....

throw in 165 bucks for my 512mb hd3850 and ya got a great gaming rig on the cheap.

my biggest expense on this build was one well deserved. after 10-12 years with my optitron 19" crt, i finally gave her the boot for 22 inches of pure sammy goodness.

just gota say, WOW i can't believe i waited so long to pull the trigger. :drool:

I'll throw my paddle in the same boat as Doc.

Pull the trigger and give us another RANT.

I mean it shouldn't be so hard right now. It makes me sick to remember what I paid for my X2 4800 not so long ago, but times are a changing, just as quickly as prices. Intel is hell bent on complete domination of the desktop cpu market.