DFI Lanparty UT NF590 SLI-MR2/G DDR8001T special by OCZ

Oh my goodness. I just was rounding up pieces to put this DFI SLi-590 board thru its' paces and went and answered the door bell. Fedex delivery man said here sign this...and kid in the candy store began for me...in the box was "this" to put thru the paces with the DFI 590 and OCZ memory...great googlie mooglies...

Shippingbox.jpg

More wow...

Cables.jpg

The business end...

Businessend.jpg

I suspicion this thing will have the beans and if I need to shave it can always double as a mirror it is so shiney purty...RGone...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG!! :eek: I'm going to get this baby ASA it hits the stores! (but 700W ver. of course)

it's not even on the OCZ website yet, you're so lucky rgone!

EDIT: I just hope 700 ver. has 20A on 12V rails...

EDIT2: Can you post the dimensions RGone, please?

A question, maybe a little off-topic, but what is SPD ???

*If you do what you always do, you will get what you've always got*

Serial Presence Detect-When a computer is booted (started), serial presence detect (SPD) is information stored in an electrically erasable programmable read-only memory (EEPROM) chip on a synchronous dynamic random access memory (SDRAM) memory module that tells the basic input/output system (BIOS) the module's size, data width, speed, and voltage. The BIOS uses this information to configure the memory properly for maximum reliability and performance. If a memory module does not have SPD, the BIOS assumes the memory module's information. With some memory, this does not cause problems. But SDRAM memory has to have SPD or the computer may not boot at all. If it does boot, the assumed information may cause fatal exception errors

Before SPD, memory chips were identified with parallel presence detect (PPD). PPD used a separate PIN for each bit of information, which meant that only the speed and density of the memory module could be stored because of the limited space for pins. The EEPROM chip on an SPD memory module only requires two pins so more information can be stored.

Another off topic question... But about OCZ Memory...

Having issues booting at any HTT > 262 with:

mem ratio 266/400 CPUR x10 HTT (3x or 4x), and 2 x 1gb OCZ PC2-6400 GOLD EL XTC. : Gives repeating Long Beep, and C1 error on Diagnostic LED set.

However boots Fine albeit not very stable in Prime (when include memory tests as expected) @ HTT = 264, 268, 266, 270, etc:

mem ratio 333/400 CPUR x10 HTT (3x or 4x), and 2 x 1gb OCZ PC2-6400 GOLD EL XTC.

IS this an incompatibility issue Between these Gold XTC modules and AM2, or perhaps a Bios Issue? Or can the CPU simply not like certain Memory Ratios?

-----

As an Aside: Does the DDR 2 Gold respond well to increased voltage? AS I found I had to boost the voltage from 1.85v just to get stock stability, but not sure if there is any room left for OCing...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chemojay

so many choices for a first build. Its hard making descions when you need to do it right the first time.

Bah. Honestly for a first build, you can do it any which way you like. Seriously, as soon as you purchase, the next right answer pops up. It always happens, prices almost always go down right after you buy as well. Just to spite you, and make you feel as though you made the wrong choice. Do the research, get something solid. And if you need to, drop it to a buddy, and pick up the next best thing. By and large the majority of the time my systems are fluid, parts moving about, systems sold, more part buying sprees. Always on to the next project it seems...

Although, i've been custom building for clients for a while... So I guess thats what I get :)

Peace..