Pc keeps rebooting need help

:mad: Hi all,

My pc has deiced to mess up today. First BF2 kept closing then cs keep closing now the pc randomley reboots. I have scanned for viruses using kaspersky and spyware using Spybot serach and destory and MS Defender and adaware. Had some spyware but got rid of it. My reboots randomley normally when switching to another window. It isnt over heating i think as i have MBM5 installed justr and i have checked temps. The rig is the spec in my sig i have taken the IDE drive out but no luck. So please help im really annoyed this is happening. I have the 6.89 or what ever drives for my chipset. Plus Ntune wont install. :mad: please helpppp

I havent overclocked any thing the ram is running at what ever the board set it to as i didnt change none of the timings or anything to do with ram or cpu in the bios only boot settings. Im shure there must be settings to get this working as i would of thought about 30% of people with DFI NF4 boards are running this G.Skill ram.

Clear CMOS load defaults. Reboot then;

go into the Genie BIOS lower your; CPU/FSB Frequency Ratio - 7 or 8.

Raise your; FSB Bus Frequency – 250

DRAM Frequency Set – 200=RAM/FSB:01/01

Enabling MemTest86+ in the BIOS and run test #5 and #8 for 10-20 passes. Then all test for 20 passes or so.

Well its doing the same thing on test 5 i have 437 errors so far. So im thinking it might not be a setting. But any idea why the ram has gone like this it has been used for about 2 months. Could it be my board or the actual ram ?

BTW Could i run some very cheap ram while my other ram is RMA i have to RMA the ram. As i have quite a bit of stuff for my clan to do. The sticks are pc2100 i think and are ddr333 im guessing. They are value cheap ram

I Have the same problem, Brand new bulid and the first with DFI board. My crash/reboot can happen in game or just at the desktop. Sometimes the BSOD, Othertimes just a reboot.

I an a experanced Bulider, but the options on this board is overwelming for even a hobby bulider like myself. I seen some posts and read for a few hours here on this great support sight, But I can't find a Suggested starting point for my hardware. (It even Crashed during the OS Install)

I need a STABLE Box first, Before i can even step into the OC possablitys of this MB.

Is the current / Latest Bios best, Or the one that shiped with my MB Best for a stable starting point.

The MB Manual Shows all 3 power Power connections on the MB, But Untill i get a Adapter, I can not connect the Floppy power input by the PCI_E Slot. But the Manuel says it's not needed unless your running SLI. ( I am Not)

Edit: I have fixed the power connector problem, I will test to see if it's fixed....:)