Got Venus!!!

Good spot, didnt notice that.

Looks like its been taped over or something?

To me it looks like the same grey stuff you have next to your sticker?

comparing the photo to a default expert

expert1.jpg

most capacitors are cleary different and equal to the ones on your photo.

My guess is that the sticker has been either removed or never placed?

Greetz!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there are programs that will read the temp diode from in the CPU. I know SpeedFan and CoreTemp both do. So you may want to check them out. My board reports the temp to be 11c under the core temp. Could be bad if your ocing with that much of a temp difference.

Dont use Speedfan, it has issues with the Venus. Welcome to the Venus Club. Make sure you post your location on the Venus tracker.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...highlight=venus

Thanks, I'll grab one of those, as long as someone can tell me what /NOSMBSCAN is... :confused:

I also can't post my location cause I can't figure out my serial number. I called tech support and the only number I can find, the 16 digit on the fist pcie slot, confused the guy I spoke with... :rolleyes: He told me to email the RMA department.

I also took it out of the test box and swapped my SLi-DR out with it. I actually feel safer testing the 148 on it rather than the 165. I paid a LOT more for the 165. :D I had to split the SLi though... I've got my cheap x300 on eBay and the auction ends tonight... I'll post some pictures later of the Venus in it's new home.

Hmmm, my Venus board has a Venus core chip in it... :rolleyes: It's kinda ironic I'm into astronomy, all my computers are named after astronomical bodies, Milky Way, Andromeda, nutron... guess what this one is called? :D

Well, I emailed the RMA department and got a reply from Donna... She seems nice but doesn't have much of a clue what a Venus actually is. Guess that's why she's in customer service not technical support. But again she is very nice and has replied 8 times... even talked to a tech for me about the SLi bridge. She said the best thing for me to do is to keep track of my receipt incase I need support... :rolleyes: O well, guess I have a serial numberless Venus.

I downloaded CoreTemp and Speedfan, but which is the best to try. CoreTemp seems to be only made to see the temps. I was thinking of trying that one first.

Also, I'm looking for config suggestions. I want to have a gaming rig and a clocking rig. Currently I have two 7900 GTs, a 6600 GT, a 165 and a 148, 4 gigs of HZs, a gig of ocz plat elites, and the two boards, SLi-DR and Venus... but am not sure what I should use where and for what... I think I have a SLi bridge source. Donna @ DFIweb and another forum member, so I can use the Venus as a game rig after I get the bridge... Any ideas?

I know there are programs that will read the temp diode from in the CPU. I know SpeedFan and CoreTemp both do. So you may want to check them out. My board reports the temp to be 11c under the core temp. Could be bad if your ocing with that much of a temp difference.

Might want to be carefull using these programs I think I killed my venus useing them.

As for as Core Temp is concerned it's not only highly unlikely, it's impossible.

So this is my program of choice? :confused: I grabbed both last night, but was taking my nf3 250 apart for it's watercooling parts. :rolleyes: I hope to check these temps out tomorrow morning when I get home from work. Only... 10 more hours... :eek:

One of the PCI stickers should say S/N #D607000349.

If a board has the S/N removed it has no warranty.

(Any product that does not have a visible serial number or has it defaced has no warranty)

:( The sticker that is located where that sticket should be has a long 16 digit number... I guess I'll have to be real nice to this board... It'll have to be the gaming rig I guess.

My program of choice for 24/7 would be MBM.

I just ment to get the true CPU temp. I have MBM waiting for when I know what my true temps are. Since I am only running one card I have one of sound's 6.5 inch LCD screens waiting for the MBM graph... :D

Also, I notice that the Venus is reading temps 6 to 7 degrees cooler than my SLi-DR. How accurate was the temps from the SLi-DR?