Is it Just BF2 being BF2?

watsonte

Yeah I never had these issues prior to 1.3....then again I had a totally different computer at the time...

Thats why I have been attempting to resolve this issue for so long...

I had this same trouble once, cant remember which site i got the first 1.3 patch from but it was corupt and loads of people was having this problem, so i down loaded from some where else and its as fine as it gets @ the mo, which still sucks cos the servers keep crashing, i dont play it anymore as its to f****d up to be enjoyable any more and my guess is the new 1.4 patch will create more problems than it solves!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had this same trouble once, cant remember which site i got the first 1.3 patch from but it was corupt and loads of people was having this problem, so i down loaded from some where else and its as fine as it gets @ the mo, which still sucks cos the servers keep crashing, i dont play it anymore as its to f****d up to be enjoyable any more and my guess is the new 1.4 patch will create more problems than it solves!

Yeah I might try downloading the patch from a different site then, never really thought about that, I dont why EA would be sending out a corrupt file though, if my memory serves me right thats where I was getting the 1.3 patch, maybe not....but I will try reinstalling the game again and download the patch from another source and see what happens...

EA the biggest company in the gaming industry...you think they would have the money and personel to fix the issues this game has been plagued with...

Your issues have nothing to do with your hardware, plain and simple its the current patch (1.3) I get CTD' all the time as does everyon else, as well as game locks and everything else you can think of.

-yonton228/timmy

Your issues have nothing to do with your hardware, plain and simple its the current patch (1.3) I get CTD' all the time as does everyon else, as well as game locks and everything else you can think of.

-yonton228/timmy

YEP, and lots of "lost connection to server" issues as well... even if you have 20 ms ping to server. Version 1.3 sucks badly... and probably 1.4 won't fix all, or make things worse.

However if the game crashes, freezes the system with sound hooked on a 0.5 sec loop, then its probably the system being unstable. BF2 isn't that demaning on the system; if the system is only Prime95 stable for 40 minutes BF2 would work straight for hours... lots of hours. Other games are more CPU and RAM intensive than BF2... but like Thraxz said the "wrong RAM settings will cause problems", stuff like tREF would I think.

YEP, and lots of "lost connection to server" issues as well... even if you have 20 ms ping to server. Version 1.3 sucks badly... and probably 1.4 won't fix all, or make things worse.

However if the game crashes, freezes the system with sound hooked on a 0.5 sec loop, then its probably the system being unstable. BF2 isn't that demaning on the system; if the system is only Prime95 stable for 40 minutes BF2 would work straight for hours... lots of hours. Other games are more CPU and RAM intensive than BF2... but like Thraxz said the "wrong RAM settings will cause problems", stuff like tREF would I think.

At this point I am going to assume its Just BF2 being the POS that it can be at times....for some reason Call of Duty 2 when online or offline, along with Day of Defeat, Half life 2, Age of Empires 3, Fear, and a few other games result in zero errors......no matter how long I play them...and I have gone through and ran test after test, and have finally decided to do nothing but wait...I was able to play for about 2hrs before I saw my first issue a few days ago so I think I will just have to deal with it.....

A few more days, 1.4. Then we'll have soemthing else to complain about. Ea 4 u!

ROFL AT EA, it was supposed to be out like what, 2 weeks ago? Knowing them they will package it with 2142 when that comes out (which it will flop big time)

At this point I am going to assume its Just BF2 being the POS that it can be at times....for some reason Call of Duty 2 when online or offline, along with Day of Defeat, Half life 2, Age of Empires 3, Fear, and a few other games result in zero errors......no matter how long I play them...and I have gone through and ran test after test, and have finally decided to do nothing but wait...I was able to play for about 2hrs before I saw my first issue a few days ago so I think I will just have to deal with it.....

I'm telling ya its patch 1.3, go to any BF2 forum and just read about all the CTD's everyone is having.

-yonton228/timmy

ROFL AT EA, it was supposed to be out like what, 2 weeks ago? Knowing them they will package it with 2142 when that comes out (which it will flop big time)

I'm telling ya its patch 1.3, go to any BF2 forum and just read about all the CTD's everyone is having.

-yonton228/timmy

Well if you read the first post you would have seen this is not a normal CTD, if it was that I would have never even worried about the issue....my issues are not the normal, cannot stay in a server, network drop issues...

My issue involves a Click of the PSU and a shutdown of the entire system, upon reboot it seems to stress the HDs a bit and then start back into windows....thats why I am concerned about it being more than just BF2....

oh yea this game has been kicking my butt also lol

i suspect 1.3..

and wen u say you downclocked everything..u mean ran cards on stock right?

also try playing with absolutely no programs...

xfire was making my bf-2 mes up

i suspect software conflicts with the game,.,,

for instance my pc reboots wen the bf2 logo first comes up...right before it boots from the hdd and then it will lock up or reboot...

this drove me insane for a while...

i reinstalled and havent had a reboot since but heh..

sometimes its healthy to unistall the whole thing and then reinstall it with the full 1.3 patch instead of going from one version to the other. Also be sure to remove all those extra map which sometimes cause more problems.

I have had to do this before. And whenever a patch comes out for it, allways uninstall the game and reinstall in this order. BF2-the expansion and then the full current patch.

-yonton228/timmy