Socket AM2 Discussion Thread

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Praz: did you post the MSI in the wrong place? its in the AM2 OCDB but there's no overclock that I see (or am I missing something?)

The memory's overclocked. Well, as much as the board will allow.

gotcha, i didnt actually look at the pic with cpu-z (i did I guess but missed that part), i looked at the bios screens and the 3 lines in teh code box haha

so I take it no software overclocking either? how about having Tmod look at the BIOS and see if he can unhide something?

gotcha, i didnt actually look at the pic with cpu-z (i did I guess but missed that part), i looked at the bios screens and the 3 lines in teh code box haha

so I take it no software overclocking either? how about having Tmod look at the BIOS and see if he can unhide something?

+1!!! I thought you posted it in the wrong section to! On board video FTL. That thing needs some help.

+1!!! I thought you posted it in the wrong section to! On board video FTL. That thing needs some help.

yeah but it isn't really intended to be the badass gaming PC. It is an HTPC board (micro-ATX) on a pretty decent chipset (which makes me wonder why there's no overclocking options).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

AG: I want to post entry to the OCDB, but I think my graphics card is kinda incapable of running 3dmark2006 because it only has 128MB on it (while the 3dm06 requires at least 256MB graphics memory). Any suggestion?

No problem with 3dmark 01SE/03/05 though.

• 1 month later...
Guest SPQQKY

Wow, this thread is dying.

Soulfly, I would skip the 06 run and make an entry anyway. I don't think AG will get pizzed, you simply don't have a capable video card.

EDIT: Looks like you can't even get a screenie of 06 with the score, it's only viewable online now at futuremark with the latest rev. I really dislike the changes they have made since 03 and up.

I have an AMD socket AM2 dual-core 4600+ which I wish to overclock.

I also wish to overclock the Barcelona quad core when it comes out.

Is there any tutorial on this site or another site to which you can refer me to learn about overclocking, e.g., the terms and what I need to know about memory, motherboards and BIOS?

Thanks, CMA

• 1 month later...

pablo d, the entry you have made isn't valid for a number of reasons.

1) You do not have any screenshots of your results.

2) Even if you did have screenshots, you forgot the 3DMark 01 + CPUz screenshot.