Watercooling My PC-V2000 *Complete with pictures*

I forget - which fans are you using that on? I used to have one of those Noise Isolator PWM controlelrs and I had a clicking sound coming from my fans all the time. Not sure if it was the controller of the fans themselves as a result of being used on that controller.

I definitely like the idea of it being able to power 6 fans and also have the on/off switches for CCFL's and what-not.

I am using these fans.

My friend has one and doesn't seem to have any problems. But I'll be testing it with my Modstream tomorrow night (my friend has it for testing)

The price was right, as were the specs, and this controller looks the cleanest (close to the LL look I'm going for) than anything else. I might mod it though... we'll see ;)

That is a very nice mod well done looks great.
Thank you! :)

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UncleDavid218,

I am very impressed on your modding and overall job done well on that computer.

After having built my "extreme" (which isnt so extreme anymore), im beginning to get sucked into that warp hole of wanting to make a new computer again. How ever downfall on my side is i dont have any money to spare, or a job... I plan on working on an xmas tree farm to make some cold cash & tips... possibly get a jumpstart on a new rig.

Although my dad may not be pleased with my idea, im going to have to do it! Computers are just too much fun to mod! Hey, have you ever heard about soundx98's screen mod? You should definately do that if your looking for that extra BAM! Im thinking ill go all-out on my new computer (when i can afford it).

Gonna have to go for an 8800 GTX (when i can afford it... mostlikely when the moon goes over the mountain.)

-Tom

Guest LithoTech

Awesome! I love seeing this! Shows how much of an inspiration it really is!

Tom, when peeps want something bad enough, they tend to be able to acheive their goals one way or another. The old saying that you can do anything that you want to if you truely desire it and work hard enough towards it, is very true.

There wouldn't be several hundred(?) summits of Mt Everest every year at $60,000US a pop if it weren't. The only thing that gets these people up the mountain is motivation and determination. All the skill and money in the world won't do it, many of the most skilled climbers in the world have failed attempts. Many of these climbers are not rich either, it's not like they have $60K in spare coin lying around. They have the goal and desire, and achieve it by surmounting smaller goals one at a time until the deed is done. That may include things like several years of training, conditioning, summiting other peaks, and raising the money via personal savings and whatever other scemes that they usually get through sponsorship and donations. Once at the base, there is no garuntee they will even get to the South Cole, yet the determined most tenacious of the bunch do, not necessarily the best fit or strongest climbers.

This same scenario can be applied to anything, no matter how small. In fact, the smaller, the better. The whole secret is to break the big tough goal down into smaller easier goals and tasks.

Need a job, for money, for parts -- got a christmas tree gig, great start for the upcoming weeks and should be plenty of hours in there if you're willing because it is hectic selling those things! Don't ask me how I know. :D Good thing to put on your resume. What, no resume? Goal #2: update or create your resume because after xmas you're looking for better work, long term, part or full time, whatever. Save your money, blow half on parts -- you won't feel guilty and eventually you'll have a big chunk saved up that you can and will blow on a big ticket item -- and you should, that's why you saved it.

You think computers are expensive, try modding a car. LOL. :eek:

Back to goals and desires, if peeps want it, they will find a way to get it. I see cars every day that have speakers in them that are worth twice what my computer is worth. :D

Guest element

Heh what I meant was you may do a few jobs here and there for some people and end up with some cash.

Damn this just gets better each time I look at it. ( wishes he could afford a LL )

Tom, when peeps want something bad enough, they tend to be able to acheive their goals one way or another. The old saying that you can do anything that you want to if you truely desire it and work hard enough towards it, is very true.

There wouldn't be several hundred(?) summits of Mt Everest every year at $60,000US a pop if it weren't. The only thing that gets these people up the mountain is motivation and determination. All the skill and money in the world won't do it, many of the most skilled climbers in the world have failed attempts. Many of these climbers are not rich either, it's not like they have $60K in spare coin lying around. They have the goal and desire, and achieve it by surmounting smaller goals one at a time until the deed is done. That may include things like several years of training, conditioning, summiting other peaks, and raising the money via personal savings and whatever other scemes that they usually get through sponsorship and donations. Once at the base, there is no garuntee they will even get to the South Cole, yet the determined most tenacious of the bunch do, not necessarily the best fit or strongest climbers.

This same scenario can be applied to anything, no matter how small. In fact, the smaller, the better. The whole secret is to break the big tough goal down into smaller easier goals and tasks.

Need a job, for money, for parts -- got a christmas tree gig, great start for the upcoming weeks and should be plenty of hours in there if you're willing because it is hectic selling those things! Don't ask me how I know. :D Good thing to put on your resume. What, no resume? Goal #2: update or create your resume because after xmas you're looking for better work, long term, part or full time, whatever. Save your money, blow half on parts -- you won't feel guilty and eventually you'll have a big chunk saved up that you can and will blow on a big ticket item -- and you should, that's why you saved it.

You think computers are expensive, try modding a car. LOL. :eek:

Back to goals and desires, if peeps want it, they will find a way to get it. I see cars every day that have speakers in them that are worth twice what my computer is worth. :D

I couldnt agree with you more LithoTech!

Thats going to be how ill have to accomplish my task of a new PC (even though my current one is only 1 and a 1/2 years old)... its going to be a while, i gotta go for something big... QUAD Core :angel: .

Much like UncleDavid how he bought parts as he made money... most likely what im going to do. It even helps to do that because you can make up your mind as progress moves along... and pre-plan ect... much like your comparison to climbing Mt. Everest.

-Tom

I can tell you from experience, you want to use the most care possible when using machines. If you don't, they can do some serious bodily injury. You should be wearing shoes, and some safety glasses.

On a side note, that drill looks ancient. Kinda reminds me of the monster 1/2" drill I borrowed from my wife's grandpa to mix some drywall mud a few years back. Pull the trigger and it was on full blast. Not VSR at all...