DFI Infinity Ultra II-M2 (socket AM2) official discussion thread

Got this shiny new $850 foot rest in my signature. Problem is a bad stick of ram. RMA is in progress. But the real problem is that New Egg is out of the 2x512mb Ballistix 5300. Any suggestions on a stable replacement?

Not sure why my sig isnt showing up its been entered. I'm a nub and am probably doing something wrong, pls advise

-----------------------------------------------

DFI Infinity UltraII-m2 (bios 7/06)

AMD Athalon x2 4200+

2x Crucial Ballistix 512mb PC-5300

eVga geForce 7600GT

FSP Group AX500-A psu

WD Caviar 250GB SATA

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O/T: Flowerhorn = pcmoddingmy?

Well I am pretty sure that it is not the memory. I went and got a new stick and I still had the same problem. So I guess I am going to have to RMA the motherboard again.

I did find an interesting little blurb in the manual. It said that if the keyboard controller is pulled low (whatever that means) then the motherboard will repeat the POST procedure infinitely, and this seems to be what my board is doing. It said that this is used to burn in the board at the factory. So I am wondering if it is possible that whatever they did to cause this to happen at the factory was not undone, or if something could be shorted out that would have the same effect.

Has anybody heard of anything like this?

bro... have u settled your problem? probably the power supply's 4-pin connector is shorted

Team Xtreem?I saw some screenshots and they are pretty amazing.Like ddr1000 with 3-3-3-8 at 3.2v or with 4-4-4 at about 2.8v. Tehya re good memory.Or Mushkin or OCZ...
DDR2-1000 4-4-4 will only need about 2.2V : http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...74&postcount=37

Wow, Thnx Powerhorn it's good to know that the overclock isn't limited by FSB.DFI did a great job with it.I think it's a best buy for AM2.

O/T: Flowerhorn = pcmoddingmy?

bro... have u settled your problem? probably the power supply's 4-pin connector is shorted

DDR2-1000 4-4-4 will only need about 2.2V : http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...74&postcount=37

Sorry soulfly for the wrong info.Anywayz thoose ram are very good.

FYI: DFI Infinity NF UltraII-M2 @ 440HTT

size.jpg

Source

You should become familiar with the rules of this site

You agreed to them twice when you registered and then made your first post.

If you didn't bother to read them then, you should now go directly there and familiarize yourself with them.

Thank you

I thought I did, I had to replace the CPU and everything was OK for like a day but then with the new mobo and CPU the original problem reoccurred. See the thread below where I give more detail.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65900

Ok. This what what I vhave with the Ballistix that were on sale at ZZF a while back.

Can't beat that for the price.

ballistix1000mq4.th.jpg

I know what the cpu does so my main interest is to see how far these ram modules can go. Love Crucial!

The VDimm is also undervolting a bit.

I can't use metest so it is VERY time consuming for me to find this without taking lots of time which I don't really have.

I also was running various programs so the Super Pi isn't the best. I don't care bout records just stability.