Hp And Athlon 64?

Aliencam

Does anyone know when HP will start using the Athlon 64 in their computers?!?!?!

my parents say we have to get an HP, but i get to choose the parts... ive been waiting for the 64 to be used in them, but i realy neeed another computer fast... sharing 1 comp between me and my 3 younger brothers is a BAD idea. and i need more than this 631 MHZ celelron with a 14 GB HD.... and 128mb ram.. lol

convince your parents of the advantages of building your own computer. The biggest being cost. Besides if you havent built your own comptuer yet it will definitly teach you alot.

tell your parents that if you get an hp all the geeks will make fun of you :P

get w/ a few buddies and do the math down on paper

and show them how much money they're throwing down

the drain buyin an HP... include all costs including the price

you pay for limiting your upgrade capacity due to the fact

that store bought pc's are made NOT to last because they

need your repeat business in 6 months, a year, ussually 2 years

is when ya realize you need a new pc badly and put it in

comparasin to building your own pc w/ superior parts and quality

for a lower price.... if you do a good job, then it will be very apparent

that you're wasting much more money than even you yourself

realized....

Also if your parents let you build a comp and have any snags you know that there is always help on the forums if you are stuck. What is the budget for this comp anyway? An Athlon 64 is going to be quite pricey and you could get some other really cool top of the line stuff instead, I still think that a modded out water cooling system is a lot more fun to mess with then Athlon 64 system with no more money for mods. By the way I have seen your sig and always wondered what the numbers that were too low were...

The budget for this comp is $1000 and that has to include microsoft office pro ($300 unless i get a student edition... 130$... hmm i hope i dont forget to tell my parents that and acidently spend the extra moneyon better parts) and a flat pannel monitor... (i wont get to use it, my dad eneds it so that his monitor can go further into the desk so that he can have his laptop and the monitor there at the same time... but he hasn't seemed so worried abotut that lately...

i was planning on getting the cheapest model xp, its not that much more than the xp 2800 was... but anyway, the prices on HP comps havent dropped yet either... still charging the same for parts that are cheaper... :(

i dunno why it has to be an HP... i know it has to be prebuilt bec of the warranty and stuff like that... and because my parents think people shouldnt "mess" with computers... (i can only oc and mod comps that arent my familys... :( well i was givena few OLD computers, but those are worse than this one...

the specs that are too low to type are:

633 mhz celleron (running at 631)

8 mb integrated intel super graphics... (super.. right...)

>i added a geforce2 32 MB

14 gb hd...

12 inch monitor

48x cd drive

>i added a 48x cd-rw drive...

win me....

came with.. less than 128 mb pc133 sdram... i added more to get 256

whole bunch of other cheap junk...

upgraded stuff i bought seprate and put in myself... at least i got to do something with this stupid box..

EDIT:

oh ya, i forgot to ask... if anyoen knows of a company that sells prebuilt comps pretty cheap, plz tell me... if its one of htose pre oced or pre modded, i doubt i can get it bec those are too expensive... just any prebuilt computer companies that use the XP or the 64 processers...

Edited by Aliencam

i dunno why it has to be an HP... i know it has to be prebuilt bec of the warranty and stuff like that... and because my parents think people shouldnt "mess" with computers... (i can only oc and mod comps that arent my familys... :( well i was givena few OLD computers, but those are worse than this one...

Most parts come with a 1 year factory warrenty. Which you can sometimes sneek by @ two years hehe. But really the warrenty isnt really worth it. IF something goes you send that part into the factory with an RMA and they send you a new one.

you dont need to get office, instead you should get a free office like www.openoffice.org

Im slowly switching everyone in my family over. Right now my brother, mom and my self use openoffice. Its free and it can do everything that office can do!

In addition, I think you're wise to go for the 64-bit system over a "water cooling system" sure water cooling is fun and stuff but for brute performance and cutting edge techonogy you cant go wrong with an athlon 64.

If you want any advice on parts and stuff just post and ask or if you want you can PM me. Normally I dont like helping people but I feel like Ill be helping a good cause in getting you to build your first machine. :D :D :D

EDIT-> also, listen to ziggy, that mobo and cpu deal is REALLY GOOD

Edited by Ronin