"Core Temp" - monitor temps on K8s and Core/2 CPUs (updated

The Coolest

TCaseMax and TDP are both grayed out on the current version with this 939 Opty 170. The readings both appear when I use earlier versions of CoreTemp.

Any Input as to why or what changed?

coretemplr4.jpg

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's odd. It reports all values on this 165. I remember something about some 170s having an invalid

value in one of the registers pertaining to TCM. If this is the case maybe this release ignores it?

core093oo3.png

Looks like you hit the nail on the head Praz. :)

While I could not find any screenshots of Older versions of CoreTemp with this 170 for comparison, (spent an hour looking for one)

The latest CBID also reads both cores using the DTS and displays a TCaseMax for this CPU of 49 degrees.

So i would think yes, the 49 degree glitch is happening and latest CoreTemp is ignoring it.

cbid8206dn4.jpg

ReelFiles how do you get that screen you posted in CBID ? I show the same ver you show but i cant find that screen

That machine is running memtest86 atm, but if I remember correctly it was under mobility / P-States. It took me a min to find it too, when I saw that soundx posted it.

haha cool man Ive been missing a lot out of that program lol never saw them drop downs :D

EDIT ok it says thermal offset 1c Is that the off set i need to set in the bios ? the reason Im asking is I got my cpu fan to come on full at 26c and most the time its off. ITE reads 34c my other two pc are set to the same and there cpu fans are off too. BUT then ITE reads 24 on both of them. And i don't even know if there's off set settings in the bios on them. My intake air reads 26.7c as does the inside wall heat thermometer