EVGA 7900 series cards artifact/bsod fix?

Anyways, I hope I get mine soon, cya guys, and yeah Redbeaver, first of all, check the update: http://www.evga.com/articles/304.asp , might as well sumbit an RMA, before you go too much behind, since lots of people are now submitting RMA after the new cards are out.

And pleasure to meet ya, I live in Calgary, AB, myself. Cya around :)

I wont submit it coz a bunch of Superclock owners r submitting them right now and 80% keeps getting faulty cards and 100% received same cards with -B1 or -A1, but still Infineon faulty chips which explains the SKU is still 565-567.....

many non-Superclocks send rma after the new reloads are out wit the Samsung chips and yes, those cards works....... but i dont want non-SC! i paid for superclocks and i will get superclocks.....

that link doesnt have any update, its just the product page... keep checking the message boards instead. evga tech posts there.

once evga released Superclocks wit new SKUs and new Memory chips, i'll submit my rma...

for now, BF2 doesnt crash... im happy wit that..... :)

and nice 2 meet u to Migs :)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wont submit it coz a bunch of Superclock owners r submitting them right now and 80% keeps getting faulty cards and 100% received same cards with -B1 or -A1, but still Infineon faulty chips which explains the SKU is still 565-567.....

many non-Superclocks send rma after the new reloads are out wit the Samsung chips and yes, those cards works....... but i dont want non-SC! i paid for superclocks and i will get superclocks.....

that link doesnt have any update, its just the product page... keep checking the message boards instead. evga tech posts there.

once evga released Superclocks wit new SKUs and new Memory chips, i'll submit my rma...

for now, BF2 doesnt crash... im happy wit that..... :)

and nice 2 meet u to Migs :)

will keep ya informed, apparently all my friends who got new cards, the 567-bx instead of ax. he even Oc'ed his memory to 800+ and its fully stable with no artifacting. I am on the phone with them. cya around bro :P

I like your thinking :)

lol, just to let ya know guys (especially you Redbeaver :P lol),, new card shipped yesterday expedited. Hopefully it runs good, its the new ones, so I do suggest you to put an RMA, wait a week, than tell them I want to talk to supervisor, somehow ask them if you can talk to everado, that guy is awesome man, he helped me out like 2 times, everytime I talk to him, the second day the card is shipped, ok he promises, might delay a day (you got to understand he is like a call center manager there, lots of work to do), so he told me, you card was shipped USPS, but could not find a tracking number, so he told he if he can't find it the next day, he will ship the card by UPS Expedited, he did ship it.

Anyways good luck Redbeaver, I'm going to sumbit RMA for my other card, poor the cross-shipping was taken out of for 7900 series cards (only signature as them).

Cya around guys, good thinking likewhoa lol, if your right, I will come hug you lol :P:)

I've had my 7900GT since June, and it just recently started artifacting. Overclocked, stock, it doesn't matter, just random little stuck color pixels, and eventually, system crash. I thought my LCD had developed a dead pixel at first!! :eek:

After reading on eVGA forums (namely here) and speaking with eVGA customer service I found that my model (256-P2-N564-AX) has a KNOWN problem with it's Samsung memory, and has been replaced with 256-P2-N584-AR. They say to RMA immediately to receive the new revision. That's fine, but I also found out that eVGA no longer does advance RMAs [edit: Except on Signature Series, hah!]. WTF!!! So I bought a card with a "Lifetime Warranty," the manufacturer acknowledges that it is defective, and will not provide an advance replacement even with a credit card. I'm not keen on being without my comp for a few weeks while it's being replaced, I might as well buy a new card and eBay this one after it's replaced.

I have an email in to one of the admins on the eVGA message board, we'll see what happens. This certainly makes me think twice about buying eVGA now, what will they change in their customer service policy next??

I just developed a green pixel while typing this. GRRRRRRRRR...

i jsut check. they still do RMA. what dumb company doesnt do RMA? lol

but! they no longer offer CROSS-SHIPPING RMA for 7900 series.... for wutever reason...

so yeah...

im still waitin for the SuperClock new builds...

well apparently you guys atleast got it running,

I have an asus board, I plugged in my old bad card (7900gt ko SC), I set the PCIe bus Frequency to 121Mhz, and my system won't even boot up, I had to clear the CMOS, and get it working.

Well apparently was too lazy lol, so I just plugged in my new card (which works perfectly fine), and I haven't tried to to set the pcie freq any lower.

but i'll try that out.

well apparently you guys atleast got it running,

I have an asus board, I plugged in my old bad card (7900gt ko SC), I set the PCIe bus Frequency to 121Mhz, and my system won't even boot up, I had to clear the CMOS, and get it working.

Well apparently was too lazy lol, so I just plugged in my new card (which works perfectly fine), and I haven't tried to to set the pcie freq any lower.

but i'll try that out.

Did you try disabling PEG Link on your ASUS board in BIOS?

this works for some but not all. as raising your PCI-e does.