Longhorn Or Xp?

General912

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

makes fat32 even further obsolete. makes ntfs obsolete. it aslo doesn't waste as much of the drive space in formatting as ntfs does while maintaining security and adding much more speed to it.

makes fat32 even further obsolete.  makes ntfs obsolete.  it aslo doesn't waste as much of the drive space in formatting as ntfs does while maintaining security and adding much more speed to it.

the only way you can format in winfs is if you have longhorn though? There's no way to update it for xp, right? I don't have the money to buy longhorn right now, as i have no job, and i don't have the internet connection to download it ;) heehee, j/k i'd NEVER do such a thing

EDIT: also, you didn't answer me regarding my "floppy disk dilemma". So if i was to install longhorn on my comps with winfs, and then save something to a disk. Would i not be able to bring that disk to a winxp computer that would be formatted using ntfs or fat32? Most computers, like in libraries and computer labs and stuff will still be running winxp for awhile i would assume, so that would kinda suck.

Edited by ClayMeow

EDIT: also, you didn't answer me regarding my "floppy disk dilemma". So if i was to install longhorn on my comps with winfs, and then save something to a disk. Would i not be able to bring that disk to a winxp computer that would be formatted using ntfs or fat32? Most computers, like in libraries and computer labs and stuff will still be running winxp for awhile i would assume, so that would kinda suck.

Floppy disk are formated in FAT. If you save a file to a floppy from any MS OS, it can be read from previous OSs... with the exception of file name rules imposed on older OSs.

Floppy disk are formated in FAT. If you save a file to a floppy from any MS OS, it can be read from previous OSs... with the exception of file name rules imposed on older OSs.

that's what i thought, but was baffled when my floppies weren't working when i was using ntfs. I guess that was just a coincidence then.

bigred, i still have to use floppies, because if my dad needs something at his office, his mail servers don't like attachments. He's a lawyer...district attorney's office...and if an attachment comes, whoever's in charge of the server usually opens up the attachment and checks to see what it is before passing it thru for security reasons. It's just a lot easier to deal with a floppy disk. And at his office i think they're still using win98.