Longhorn Or Xp?

General912

Check this out I totaly turned XP into what looks like windows longhorn. I got the Item dock from this months maxium pc magizine demo disk and the dashboard from http://www.snpsoftware.com/. So what do you think. Maybe we dont need to shell out more money for longhorn if all it is a new user interface. Well it has a new file system to but i like NTFS.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you want your computer to look like Longhorn? I dont like the longhorn look - it takes up to many system resources for too little things.

And do you even understand the concept of file systems? How you can you "like NTFS?" Do you even understand what it does and how it works compare to WINFS or FAT(32)?

I only did this to show it could be done. And like it or not you to are gunna get used to the windows longhorn look. Because you will mostlikley have it installed someday. MS controlls the industry. And Do I know the concept of file systems? Come on im just only about to get my A+ this month.

I only did this to show it could be done. And like it or not you to are gunna get used to the windows longhorn look. Because you will mostlikley have it installed someday. MS controlls the industry. And Do I know the concept of file systems? Come on im just only about to get my A+ this month.

that's not entirely true, because, as with XP, you don't HAVE to use the "Longhorn-look" even if you upgrade to Longhorn. You can always revert back to the look, style and appearance you're familiar. Just like how i use the classic startmenu instead of the weird@ss xp crap menu

I have longhorn (ill not mention how) I can tell you.... I hate the way longhorn looks. YUCK!!! Luckily you can always switch the looks around. And guess what.... I like ntfs too :P Its more secure and effecient than fat32.... hows that a reason for "liking" a file system :P

Edited by andrusk

you guys aren't running winfs? this shocks me. that is the #1 thing longhorn has over xp.

is winfs backwards compatible with ntfs and fat32 systems? When i first installed winxp pro back in the day, i formatted my main drive using ntfs, and then noticed that when i used a floppy disk, i couldn't use that floppy disk in a fat32 system, and vice versa. It would say it wasn't formatted. Was that just me?

Right now my main drive is fat32, but my second drive is ntfs because it's 60gigs, and i think that was too big for fat32 if i remember correctly.