Exotic cooling ideas for an airconditioner

I picked up a massive air conditioner, and am looking for ways to use it as a cooler. It's truly huge, meaning that the compressor and heating coil would definitely have to be outside of the case.

i will try to post specs and pics soon, but any ideas would be helpful!!!

btw. i'm willing to wreck it...

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/show...ad.php?t=177822

Best check out that forum for more guide and how-to's, or google is always a good move.

In any case, I think a waterchiller would be the easiest route to go, obviously you don't need a great compressor to do it (they're using cheapo air contitioners) so yours should work pretty well I'd guess.

Always thought about doing this myself actually...

Well Thats A Thought That I Have Had Also.. A Mini Freg. / Beer Cooler....

Im Not Sure If It Would Work But Its A Though.

What If You Put The Resevior And Pump Inside The Fridge And Just Run The Line 's To The Pc.. Need A Beer, Check Your Fluids And Pump.. Yaaa Its In The Same Place.. Hmmm But Being The Line And Coolent Are Chilled Will They Sweat. Mabe Insulate Them? Well Just A Thought And Probly Not A Good One.. Hehe.. Good Luck.

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/show...ad.php?t=177822

Best check out that forum for more guide and how-to's, or google is always a good move.

In any case, I think a waterchiller would be the easiest route to go, obviously you don't need a great compressor to do it (they're using cheapo air contitioners) so yours should work pretty well I'd guess.

Always thought about doing this myself actually...

Thanks for that link, it is pretty much exactly what i was considering doing!! The pics help a ton and it doesn't seem too difficult.

the best part is, that mine is even bigger! sure it's weight is ungodly, and i'll have to clear away a large part of the computer room, but it will be REALLY cold! unfortunately, now i'm kindof afraid to plug it in, since it's guts are all hanging out...

i was careful though, so it should theoretically work.

Below are my first pictures of the conditioner with the case removed.

i hosted them using imageShack, but i'm not sure if i'm doing it the way the forums reccommend. It is, however, below 800x600, so i hope not to upset the dev's.

dcp0994new6gv.jpg

here is a close up of the compressor

dcp0995compressor5jr.jpg

The hard part will be removing the inner radiator and replacing it with a cooling block without releasing any of the refrigerant gas, it is toxic and does deplete the ozone so be extreamly EXTREAMLY cearful.

Thanks for that link, it is pretty much exactly what i was considering doing!! The pics help a ton and it doesn't seem too difficult.

the best part is, that mine is even bigger! sure it's weight is ungodly, and i'll have to clear away a large part of the computer room, but it will be REALLY cold! unfortunately, now i'm kindof afraid to plug it in, since it's guts are all hanging out...

i was careful though, so it should theoretically work.

I think the only thing keeping me from doing it is the heat put into the room itself, but it looks like it'll be a beast. :)