• System Mechanic
    • Norton Speed disk
    • "the one that comes with windows"
    • other (please post below)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL you guyz are cracking me up. Ganiscol, n1ce_hat, I think I would buy this O&O just on your cool recommendations lol.

thanks! :P and the version I have is the V8 one. I mean, how cool is that.. to have a V8 in control of your hard drive...

*checks if it's the latest version*

wha! V8.5 is out, and it has the defrag screensaver! craziness.. i'll have to trial that out

wow omigosh 8.5 rocks!! that screensaver is incredible.. you HAVE to download the trial, it makes defrags fun to watch.. lol

i would recommend this to people who like 3D screensavers with things that spin around, pretty colors, and text running past the screen so fast you can hardly read it. very snazzy. i would install this on everyone's computer, not only does it look cool, you're regularly defragging your computer every time you step away from the computer for a few minutes..

here's a sample screenshot. you can adjust a lot of the parameters, too..

defragscreeniear6.th.jpg

I used O&O for a while but started to dislike it ( dunno why ) but I have been using Diskeeper and I find myself constantly defraging ( getting sick of that )

When you use O&O what kind of defrag yeilds best performance???

I used O&O for a while but started to dislike it ( dunno why ) but I have been using Diskeeper and I find myself constantly defraging ( getting sick of that )

When you use O&O what kind of defrag yeilds best performance???

I used COMPLETE/Access

obviously does a complete defrag, organized by how often a file is accessed.. that works for me, anyway..

• 3 weeks later...

question about defragging:

If I have it set that whenever i step away from the computer for 10 minutes, it defrags the hard drive.. are these extra drive accesses unneccesary and will they eventually wear the drive down?

I'd say having fragmented files of any kind would be worse in the long run. The less seeking around your disks have to do to find a file the better for its health.

so more-than-necessary defrags is better than fragmented files you think?