New Bios Mod DFI Expert

something is really weird happening when I try the 4/11/06 merlin bios and this other bios, when i tried to install windows vista 64 bit, it didn't read my drives right. It wouldn't let me install to any of my partitions and it would just say that they are not bootable. But when i try to install win xp 32 bit it installs ok. Does this make sense to anyone?

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, im using tony's ocz bios 06/04/2006, and its the only one that is working for me at the moment versus all of merlins bios'n Does this make sense, anyone else suing this bios with my ram?m DO you know some good settings for me?

thanks guys, i REALLY APPRECIATE IT!

JW

Hello, i'm back!

I have received my ocz platinum with ce-6 chips, and they're taking 300mhz rock'n roll stable @ 3-3-2-6 and just 2.7v!!!!!!

Let's giv'em 3v for see.... ^^

Now i need an opty for replace my 4400, to take the 3ghz....

just thought id let everyone know that my ram has completed 4m super pi 1/1 @ 300MHz I just needed a little more volts, am giving them 2.8 ish at the moment(never used to be able to take any more volts as could never boot with any other bios but this seems to be excellent, am running prime95 as we speak has done about 30minutes error free!!! this would be amazing if it actually worked, will c if i can push them any further then, I know my cpu is stable and within 55 deg @ 2.8GHz on air, so i may have a good ocdb entry coming in the next few weeks. thanks merlin.

Edit: failed on 3.5 hours, "if at first you dont suceed try and try again" have backed off to 295 which is 4hrs prime and a couple of hours cod2 stable. when i get my w/c setup for birthday i will put one of my then spare fans on the modules and play around.

I got to admit the bios is great but my chip wont go past 2.67ghz @200:1;1

And backing the ram down on a divider will yield me 2.7ghz tops bit of a disapointment this Opty175 that I paid $546.00 a few months ago! Whats tyhe odds of getting a Chip as well as Ram that have the exact same thresholds? I was really hopin for 2.8ghz out of this Opt, oh well guess I cant complain in all actuality I have a FX60

Well I am pretty sure as I have spent 3 days non stop with isolating both components and testing multiple combos and I have no desire too be spikeing major volts into either one considering this is my main rig! So what I have at hand here is isolated @2.76ghz it fails SuperPI @1.475v butt passes @2.74ghz

So I see it like this -5ghz from the threshold I would consider OK and safe!!

So for all intensive purposes what too do 2.65ghz @DDR530 or 2.7ghz@DDR500 what say it fellas???

Got another New Experrt build right here that I put together too sell and make a few hundred bucks on with a new opty 170 with really great stepping and that up too 2.6ghz stock volts paired up with some really good 2x512 plats rev2 that also clock exceptionally well.....hmmmmm...wondering if I should pull a Slim Shady and keep that 170 with great stepping and just put mine in there not like I beat the piss outta her or anything stock v @2.5ghz since I bought it and It does clock pretty decent!