Abit Nf7-s Or Asus A7n8x Deluxe

Which one of these boards would yous make as your choice... For a nice gaming system I plan on running one with a XP2500+ Barton, ATI 9600pro, two WD 80gig 8meg cach drives running at raid zero, a pair of PC-3200/400 mhz 512meg memory.

If you can also give the reasons..

Thanks alot everyone!

~Jblock

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are both great boards so get ready for everybody to say 1 or the other and you will still be confused when its all done if you dont believe me just look around this forum and you will see what i mean

Yes. For example I recommend the Abit NF7-S because I use it.

I think it has better overclocking options myself. Can finer-tune the voltages and speeds.

Like bishop said, everyone's going to have an opinion, and you're basically not going to get anything too much from it (buy the Abit)

Both boards will perform quite equally so either one is fine. The only time I would recommend one over the other is if you were using some more extreme form of cooling in which you need the higher vcore options of the NF7-S.

personal experience with abit makes me afraid of them. I've had too many problems with their products.

but once again if you look around the board you'll see the exact same thing about asus from some folks.

Exactly. Every board has its day. It may be that the Abit boards are .te and I don't know it cause I got the one that's solid as a rock and actually works properly.

Who knows. Do your research, find out what you need, but since these boards are virtually identical - go with what's cheapest :)

QUOTE (bishop245 @ Oct 19 2003, 01:52 AM)

nice footnote Montol

Ya liked that one eh?

I like the board, what can I say?

The fact that its red makes me happy.

The only thing I wish it had that the Asus does have is a bit better board design and that second LAN connection.

Edited by bishop245

i use the asus but after building a few with the abit i really want the abit. if your going ot overclock and wantthe best voltage options get the abit . their both great motherboards the abit just has some better bios options and is usally a lil cheaper. ive had more problems from this asus than anyother mobo ive had. but like bishop said everyone is going to have a diff opnion about the 2

Thanks for all the comments and the help in making my decision. I will most likely go with the Abit because of not only the looks but the better price. I'll let yous know how everythong works out when the parts arrive and are installed.

Thanks again you all seem to know quite abit so get ready for some questions :D

~Jblock