New project

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fans for the the BIP rad (small rad) are 120mm SilenX xtrema blue led fans. One is newer then the other so they look different 64cfm @ 14dba. Rest of the video card WC'ing loop, MCP350 pump, 2 x Acetal MAZE4 series blocks, Danger den filport. Should be very quiet.

I'm kicking around the idea of replacing my OCZ powerstream 520 with one of the FSP Group (Fortron Source) FX700-GLN ATX12V/ EPS12V 700W

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16817104015

This would elimanate the need for the Aux. PSU.

I might be too late in suggesting this, but I would think that drilling a small hole into the side of the heat sink, centered over the core, would be the most accurate location for the thermal probe, without losing much cooling efficiency.

I might be too late in suggesting this, but I would think that drilling a small hole into the side of the heat sink, centered over the core, would be the most accurate location for the thermal probe, without losing much cooling efficiency.

The TDX block has a pretty thin base. So drilling hole was not possiable. I have two TDX blocks, so I decided to do the mod on one of them and test both blocks and see what MBM5 says for CPU temps on each block. I read about doing it this way and it suppose to work fine.

tdxblockmodyp3.jpg

The channel that was milled is to the size of the sensor. The sensor fits just barely below the base. I'm going to use Artic Silver epoxy to seal it up und then use very fine grade grit paper to lap the base smooth again. AS epoxy seemed like the best choice for sealing up the sensor.

When I test the modded block and the unmodded TDX blocks I will rely on software to show me CPU temp readings. I will post results

radsinlowercaseht9.jpg

Not quite to scale

I was thinking about not mounting the BIPII 2x120mm rad inside at top of case. Instead mount it on the floor of the case. Any thought on this

Biggest concern is air flow managment. the smaller rad on the bottom of case will cool the SLI GPU's, they will not be volt modded and probably not OC'd so I don't think theres going to be a big heat issue with them. The cool rad 3x120 would be mounted vertically and exhaust air out of rear side pannel.

radsinlowercaseht9.jpg

Not quite to scale

I was thinking about not mounting the BIPII 2x120mm rad in top of case. Any thought on this

Biggest concern is air flow managment. the smaller rad on the bottom of case will cool the SLI GPU's, they will not be volt modded and probably not OC'd so I don't think theres going to be a big heat issue with them. The cool rad 3x120 would be mounted vertically and exhaust air out of rear side pannel.

Like this Silverstone case

silverstoneradkg3.jpg

silverstonerad1jpgzm1.jpg