Few Problems I cant solve.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mars
thanks sharp, but still a no go with ram in slots 3 or 4.

Will try to get another cpu to test with and will post back result.

Things that worked for me:

- Command Per Clock: Disabled (2T)

- Bank Interleave: Disabled

- DRAM Voltage: 2.82V

- Drive Strength: Level 4 (or 6)

- Drive Data Strength: Level 4 (reduce 0%)

Ok just ran memtest on both sticks seperatley for all those passes advised and more, and i passed with 0 errors.

mars - I cant boot up with both sticks in orange or yellow slots(get 2 MB leds) so my monitor gets no signal.. so i cant even boot up into memtest.

where should i go from here.

2 LEDs means the VGA isn't being detected... 3 LEDs means the memory isn't being detected. Have you had any issues with your video card? Do you have another one (maybe even an old PCI card) which you could temporarily install to try booting with dual channel?

mars- tried settings close to ones you posted (still no boot), because my highest data strength available was 3, drive strength was normal4 or weak4, is that because im running 704-2b bios?

Also how is it that you select the extra .02 voltage for memory if it only goes up in .10 increments ? Same for processor voltage since it only goes up in higher increments ?

heptadragon- never had any problems with my vga card, i bought it brand new.

As of now i dont have any spare pci cards or processors to test with so, i think im getting to the rma point.

i cant get a hold of another cpu or mb to test so as ive tried everything else its time to RMA.

I only have the paper that newegg sends with each packed item stating the items inside as a receipt since i payed online, would that be enough to get an RMA.

If so who do i talk to on this board so i can start this, and around how long does it take to recieve a MB back ?

I really don't think RMAing the board is going to fix the issue it is highly unlikely you would get 2 defective boards. It has something to do with your hardware. Did you follow the initial buid guide? http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20832 their is a reason they went thru all the trouble to make this. Buiding the board outside the case with the minmum peripherals narrows down the search for problems. Since your going to RMA the board anyways take it out and start all over following this guide and let us know whats up. fabe

lmao well just made the problem worse.

I tried it again as you said still no go, then tried it again but accidentally think i left one of the power plugs half plugged in and jammed and then i smelled smoke.

Then whenever i would hit the power button nothing happens, it doesnt turn on not even leds show. So i tried taking out the cpu and readjusting ended up breaking off a pin and bending others.. all part of the never ending nightmare.

So now im hoping i also didnt burn the harddrive with that cause i had lots of important information i cant recover and on top of that the rest of my hardware.

Thing is it might be a while till i know because i dont know anyone with hardware compatability to connect a sata harddrive and a socket939.

My first board was rmaed because my ps2 ports didnt work , this one because of dual channel, everything was hooked up right, its just my luck.

Would like someone to post information on who i message for an RMA and if my newegg invoice would be enough.

thanks