The X1900 series overclocking thread

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! Good luck on that ram buddy.

We really need a comprehensive list of 19** OCs with voltages so we can get a good idea what this series of cards are capable of that aren't amongst a FIELD of phase changing/TEC psychos ;) with 800MHZ clocks.

Well I've got a Sapphire X1950XTX that with ATi Tool managed to overclock slightly.

The default core is 648Mhz, I got that up to about 665Mhz. The default mem is 999Mhz and that went to about 1030Mhz.

I kept the fan speed setting stock because I like how it operates. It idles around 12% and kicks up to about 56% to cool it down. If I would've cranked it upto 100% I could have probably went futher but I hate how loud it is up there so I decided to just leave the whole card stock because it's way too fast stock and it doesn't overclock well without turning the fan up to stupid levels.

:)

Congrats on a quick easy and pretty big OC. ATitool, when it supports those cards better will open up a LOT more MHz to be had.

Yeah I fiddled around with ATi Tool's Beta 25 pre 8 or whatever and I overclocked to what I said earlier keeping the fan speed where I wanted it.

I just couldn't deal with a loud fan when my pc's watercooled with the radiator fans at 7v along with all my case fans. My case is quiet and the x1950's fan on 100% just ruins in the whole experience :(

So it's staying at stock speeds, with the core slightly OCed. Plus I just don't need the extra speed right now. :)

Thanks

I finally got Cross Fire functioning. What a bear. Now waiting Cooling gear from SVC. Lot of learning in front of me here. Reading, testing, fixing, etc.

Running that 3dMark05 21478 3D Marks is a nice result.

695 GPU freq

999 mem freq

idle temp GPU#1: 61C

idle temp GPU#2: 63C

I hear those fans kick in when I'm loading them up a little.

I see them hitting 77C but temps are not visible when loaded.

Well back to the drawing board for more intense learning.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm..

My X1900XT is running 648mhz core(625 is default) at lower than default voltage(!), I'm using 1.35v stock is 1.425 I think, am I missing something here?, should it not be crashing?!. Memory is @ 774mhz so it's basically running XTX speeds at lower than stock voltage wtf?.

:)

• 1 month later...

Can anybody please tell me the highest voltages you would go to on x1950xtx's using water cooling? My idle temps are 37c and 41c full load, running at 695/1098(2196) at stock voltages and max ccc overdrive clocks.

I've also noticed that in ATitool under the voltage section I have different voltage's on each bus??:confused:

Bus 1

VGPU 1.425v

MVDDC 2.083v

MVDDQ 2.080v

VDDCI 1.379v

Bus 2

VGPU 1.175v

MVDDC 2.083v

MVDDQ 2.080v

VDDCI 1.379v

Anybody have any ideas as to why?

• 1 month later...