The X1900 series overclocking thread

Well, now that I have really started fooling with my X1900XT Crossfires, I thought we needed a simple sticky to link many others to as I'm really finding out what my setup can do today

Here's the best Crossfire bit I can find at the moment:

MikeMK's Crossfire User Guide

Here's the best all-around X1900 overclocking thread with a serious number of links that you should take the time to really really go through (I've spent all day walking through the links and reading and absorbing as much as possible and now I can get my X1900XT safely and stable at 745/846 which is much better than the 690/790 that CCC from the official CAT drivers allows):

HouseRat's X1900 Overclocking Thread

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, if anyone has any excellent links, info, tutorials, etc that aren't covered by these two threads, or enhance these threads linked in the first post, please post them here.

Also, I would like everyone to use this one thread to discuss and post their top clocks and scores etc

(be mindful of the forum rules when posting images!)

my X1900XT:

default @ 625/700

CCC max @ 690/790

ATI Tool max @ 745/846 (so far)

1.550v gpu

2.151v MVDDC

2.086 MVDDQ

1.535 VDDCI

ok, if anyone has any excellent links, info, tutorials, etc that aren't covered by these two threads, or enhance these threads linked in the first post, please post them here.

Also, I would like everyone to use this one thread to discuss and post their top clocks and scores etc

(be mindful of the forum rules when posting images!)

my X1900XT:

default @ 625/700

CCC max @ 690/790

ATI Tool max @ 745/846 (so far)

1.550v gpu

2.151v MVDDC

2.086 MVDDQ

1.535 VDDCI

well no ones posted here.. i came here for help

my current clocks are 730/850 at 1.45v and 2.091v for the core and mem respectively. first off, since im not using watercooling or anything (stock cooling for now) should i go higher? i went to 750/850 and the artifact test kept crashing

i dont know if its the core or memory, even after a core voltage increase to like 1.47 or something it crashes

help? thx

EDIT tis the core, arty test ran fine for like 10 seconds.. i stopped afte rthat cause i had to go

Wait, I thought you had to have the X1900CFE in order to run in crossfire. But I see Happy_Game's sig and it says he's got TWO X1900XT's in crossfire mode....how?!?!?

Edit: Just did some searching and found out they sell the XT and XTX in Crossfire Master Edition....except it seems to be impossible to find a master edition of the XTX.

well no ones posted here.. i came here for help

my current clocks are 730/850 at 1.45v and 2.091v for the core and mem respectively. first off, since im not using watercooling or anything (stock cooling for now) should i go higher? i went to 750/850 and the artifact test kept crashing

i dont know if its the core or memory, even after a core voltage increase to like 1.47 or something it crashes

help? thx

EDIT tis the core, arty test ran fine for like 10 seconds.. i stopped afte rthat cause i had to go

if you are only using stock cooling...I wouldn't try to go much higher...I'd really look into a great air cooler or even better, watercooling.

at 745/846 my card gets up to about 60C on a nice big dual radiator...

Wait, I thought you had to have the X1900CFE in order to run in crossfire. But I see Happy_Game's sig and it says he's got TWO X1900XT's in crossfire mode....how?!?!?

Edit: Just did some searching and found out they sell the XT and XTX in Crossfire Master Edition....except it seems to be impossible to find a master edition of the XTX.

I was confused at first also

but Jason @ ATI told me that X1900XT's and X1900 Crossfire Masters are the same exact card ;)

one is just called the Master because it has the chip on it that allows dual-gpu communication.

I'll be watching this thread, and thanks for the links so far. My card should be in sometime next week, so until then I'm doing some reading. :)

Can I ask, whats considered the best aftermarket air cooler for the X1900's?

I'm thinking I'll need it, trying to not "pull a Thunda" like I did on my poor 6600GT ;)

They mention a few at madshrimps in the x1900 series overclocking guide, but no comparison as to peformance. I want something that will fit should I ever decide to go with a new motherboard and crossfire, and I'm not too concerend with noise as my rig is getting louder and louder anyways..

So, whats the DFI-street approved x1900 series air cooler?

well

my top pick for X1900's = DangerDen Tyee full-sized waterblocks

fantastic...^#@$#@#@ fantastic!

next I would say...the Arctic Cooling Accelero for X1900's...I have one...its supa quiet....it does blow hot air down to the bottom of the pci-e slot though...which means it can blow right down onto your chipset (but the Iceberq chipset cooler is so small in diameter that this isn't an issue really), but this is easily rectified (heheehehe i said 'rectified' hehehee)

Third would be the Arctic Silencer that fits the X1900 series.

I have one on my X800 Pro AGP and it is superb. Blows hot air out the back of the case instead of down to the chipset.

Fourth would be the Zalman stuff. They cool quite good, but they leave hot air ambient around the fins which is just as bad as blowing it down to the pci-e slot. I've never installed a Zalman yet, but I am going to in a day or so as one is sitting on the floor. I will be putting it on an X850XT PE which may not be an X1900XT, but if you have ever had one, you will recoginze the insane heat that this thing will put out when you start clocking it (and make no mistake...X850XT PE's clock extremely well for the most part)

well

my top pick for X1900's = DangerDen Tyee full-sized waterblocks

fantastic...^#@$#@#@ fantastic!

next I would say...the Arctic Cooling Accelero for X1900's...I have one...its supa quiet....it does blow hot air down to the bottom of the pci-e slot though...which means it can blow right down onto your chipset (but the Iceberq chipset cooler is so small in diameter that this isn't an issue really), but this is easily rectified (heheehehe i said 'rectified' hehehee)

Third would be the Arctic Silencer that fits the X1900 series.

I have one on my X800 Pro AGP and it is superb. Blows hot air out the back of the case instead of down to the chipset.

Fourth would be the Zalman stuff. They cool quite good, but they leave hot air ambient around the fins which is just as bad as blowing it down to the pci-e slot. I've never installed a Zalman yet, but I am going to in a day or so as one is sitting on the floor. I will be putting it on an X850XT PE which may not be an X1900XT, but if you have ever had one, you will recoginze the insane heat that this thing will put out when you start clocking it (and make no mistake...X850XT PE's clock extremely well for the most part)

first off ANGRY (lol) my temps are averaging around 60 so im not worried. second off theres no xtx master card, just the xt speed one. and third off, ANGRY lol which one is the arctic silencer that u just mentioned? can i have a link to say newegg or something? thx.

and how should i change my voltage to get to 750 core? my mem im too lazy to test anymore

and the zalman vf900, or whatever which are u testing? i wanna check out the vf900 but i need a good review first lol