Opty 165 CCBBE 0617

For those of you that want this stepping. It's available at:

http://www.flickerdown.com/index.php?crn=2...ion=show_detail

I got mine from eBay, alittle cheaper. They ship USPS. It took 10 days to go 110miles!! I sent an email to this business asking them if they had a CCBBE stepping but did not specify the date code. I got the 0617 and am happy! WOW the price has dropped $25 since I bought mine 2 weeks ago!! If you buy from these guys make sure to follow up with an email stating the exacting stepping you want.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AMD-Opteron-Dual-Core-...oQQcmdZViewItem

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow 3ghz potential, man I wish I had some cash to get one, Ive heard that amd is killing off the 939 cpu's does anyone know if they are gonna keep the opterons alive?

Get em while you can... they're going away and yes, some of the X2s like the 3800 O/C pretty well, but with smaller 512k cache per core and some other minor differences.

939 will be around a while longer, but the good steppings of the Opteron and X2 won't last long, since AMD will be ready to fully ramp up AM2 production in to full swing by late this year.

Dave at flickerdown.com has CCBBE 165s, and Tankguys.com has CCB1E core 165s left.

I notice that several of you are using 406 BTA same as I am. On the page DRAM SETTINGS there is a enable disable to Odd Divider to next Even. I enabled this and

was FSB 334 with memory at 250 and I can go 270 with my OCZ PC4000 "EB". I got 3 GHZ on 5/06 divider and if the chip could have done it I'd have gone to 3180 on 5/06 with 9 multi.

Thanks for info on Flickerdown. Ordered two CCBBE 0617.

...I'll keep you posted on the O/C progress with the opty.

If this one runs strong (as I'm hoping), it's more to to confirm that 0617 is a good stepping, and also that you can still... for a while... get a really good Opteron 165 while they last.

As usual, goes stronger as it burns in... I'm keeping my memory out of the equasion by running it only between 200 and 225MHz (it will do nearly 240 but heat changes the O/C results based on past experience with my venice on the Ultra-D.

My PWMIC temps are already getting out of control (60C) at 280MHz HTT... I'm going to have to mount a fan in there to hit anything over 2700 I can tell.

opty_2500_burn.jpg

the 0617 is a great core... had to add voltage to get stable at 2.7, and scales OK with volts, but I'm hitting a heat limit between 2.8 and 2.9 (high ambient intake temps, Prime running ok but dying after 5-15 minutes.

Currently 8+ hours prime stable at 2826MHz (314HTT) with 1.463v vCore.

...burning the thing in slowly, 4+ hours of dual prime at each step of increase.

The 0617 CCBBE core seems to reach the voltage sweet spot earlier than most of the other dual cores I've seen test results on. Run the thing up slowly with stock vCore until you hit the stock voltage O/C limit (2.7-2.85ish for most folks) then add tiny fractional increases in vCore until you stabilize a clockspeed.

Whenever you overdo the MHz for the clockrate you have the core set to on this baby, the temps get really out of control fast, within a minute or two of starting dual prime on my rig (may be accellerated because I've got CPU and PWMIC cooling difficulty to begin with.