Ethernet Port Problems??

What's up everybody:) I am having some problems with my On-Board Ethernet port. It may be my fault or an error that I am overlooked but nevertheless, I need help. Here's what I've done. Since I've moved into a different town I had to change ISP's. So now I have an DSL Connection through Qwest. I had to buy a router so I purchased an DL-604 (D-Link).

I am a complete n00b and stupid when it comes to the networking department so I struggled (Still do) through the process. I read the directions, connected everything as instructed. I couldn't get a connection. After a long an struggling phone call with Tech. Support (Language barrier) I get directed to change the IP Addy for the Router. Whereas the default was 192.168.0.1, which is the same for the Modem. (or gateway). Not sure if this is correct but It worked.

Now, I have everything running ok. I can access the web. BUT! as I began to discover the possibilities/options with this router, I began to make adjustments. The adjustments I made within the router didn't prevent me from accessing the web. Here's where I ran into trouble: I remembered that the BIOS had this nVidia MAC address thingy in there. So I typed my MAC Addy that was listed in my Network Properties. Booted into Windows XP Pro and........nothing. I began to panic so I went back to set it back to what it was. It didn't work. I then defaulted everything including my Rig. I also Hard-Cleared the BIOS. It didn't work. So I Uninstalled the driver then reinstalled. Nothing, I still cannot access the internet using that Port.

I am now using a 3COM 3C900-TPO Based NIC Card (PCI). Ladies & Gentlemen....I really need some direction here. I mean if it's screwed up then I can except that, no biggy. I'll just go out and buy a newer & BETTER NIC card. But if I can "fibulate" this Ethernet Port and bring it back to life, GREAT! So what's your advice? I know this Post is long but while I'm at it can I ask someone to give me a guide as to how I should go about setting up my Home network? (Detailed as possible for a dumb%$#) I don't want to share files or any thing like that. I can pretty much get how the wiring goes but when it comes to the numbering or all those addresses & MAC & DNS's etc...I am sooooo lost. Thanks for your time on reading this very, very long post. I really appreciate it:) .

**EDIT** I forgot to mention that when I disconnect the router (By-pass it)and go through JUST the Modem I can get access using the On-Board Port. So obviously it's something within the settings of the router but...I dunno.

Uh, never set the MAC address of the nVidia Ethernet to a damn router! Usually the MAC address is what the ISP or network woud connect to the computer. My guess is that the router is the one to blame here. Not the motherboard.

Your only way is reset the router back to default from another computer.

U need to enter the MAC addy from the sticker on your board.

Right Here... http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...63&postcount=11

I have 1 sticker on top of my lan port, and 1 on top of my agp slot. Which one should I use? I tried the one on top of the lan port, but whenever I put enable, and type in what's on top of the lan port, the bios never saves it and keeps it at disabled. Is that normal?