Worldcup 2006 (merged)

Sorrento

GO SOCA WARRIORS!!! (Trinidad & Tobago). Yeah we're the smallest country to ever qualify for the world cup but as you can see we could cope with the big guys. Let's just hope that Latapy plays on Thursday against England. Anyway... I just wanted to be patriotic for my country. To all those people out there who never heard about our country, they should visit us around Carnival time, it'll be one of the best experiences ever. By the way, we don't use vodoo in our country...we use obeah!

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mexico 3-1 iran tomorrow
think it might be closer but best of luck Sorrento :nod:

Chiquidracula saw an angel before the game
Or he's after a ref's job in premiership. He'd probably be in good company with some of the jokers we have. He was stopping players getting water which is pretty stupid when they weren't delaying play. :rolleyes:

@GenX - Great result m8, seeing the likes of shaka h & the others cheering trinidad on is 2nd nature as all are well known faces in uk. Just a slight conflict of interests on thursday. :rolleyes: Enjoy the carnival & may all your parties be great :D

Rules are rules... check the book and Chiquidracula would be right about stopping them to take water at certain times... but the rules were created for other reason, not stopping people from drinking water :rolleyes:

After Ecuador/Poland and Sweeden/Trinidad... I am not sure any predictions are wise. The diference is huge between Mexico and Iran, but in all history the bigger team never plays well against a smaller one, while the smaller one always plays its best against the bigger one. Then there was the issue of the goalkeeper's dad dying on Wednesday, him flying to Mexico and then flying back the next day... I am not sure he will be ok to play today.

/Edit:

I haven't slept well during the last three days: between work, the World Cup and some annoying people I have around me I have slept maybe 5 hours per night, and zero tonight :sweat:

I went to sleep at 9 pm, but my sister's dog started a 30 minutes bark opera and woke me up. She is flying to Moscow in a few hours to make a article... ha, I wish I was the one going :)

Now I totally forgot about the British GP... 1 hour and 46 minutes from now... then the Netherlands vs. Servia and Montenegro game... 1 hour for shower and have breakfast, then Mexico vs. Iran :sweat: , then one hour to rest a little, and then the Portugal vs. Angola game (need to see what the two have)... when this last game finishes it will be 4 pm here, maybe I will then sleep a little :drool:

Hi Sorrento,

no Chiquidracula & the water was exactly as you described him, he bothered to enforce the rule whilst other refs would only bother if it delayed/interfered with play.

The diference is huge between Mexico and Iran, but in all history the bigger team never plays well against a smaller one, while the smaller one always plays its best against the bigger one.
- exactly, GenX & obeah may do for us on thursday :confused:

maybe I will then sleep a little
:) :shake: keep telling the wife that we need to be athletes to follow the wc especially in this heat. :) :shake:

Still you'll sleep better tonight if mexico get right result. :)

Great few opening days! I'll be watching all 64 games, not all live unfortunately, but I've managed to cut myself off from media that might spoil a score for me. (Pretty easy to do in Canada lol)

It's funny about Chiquidracula, my wife and I watched the match without knowing his backstory (She thought he looked like a cut-rate Antonio Banderas wannabe LMAO!) and were pretty appalled at the way he rode Crouch from end to end heh. I guess the lads knew not to get on his bad side because it was a really clean game all things considered. Good start and glad to get the first match behind us for 3 points!!

Loved Cote'Ivoire's effort against Argentina. I liked that they weren't afraid to get in and really attack, and I think Argentina was very lucky to escape with the win, and not a draw at 2-2. I liked T-n-T against Sweden, they sure hung in there, but that's all they really did..... hang on haha, must have been frustrating for the Swedish side. It's alot easier to defend if your only aim in the game is to not get scored on.

I have a soft spot for the underdog African teams after Senegal in 2002, they always entertain.

I'm in overload, too much goodness every day! This is the first year every single group match is televised here in Canada ! :)

- GenX & obeah may do for us on Thursday

Nah... we doh need obeah come Thursday, just kidding.

We've been partying here since we qualified. The country even shutdown for a day when the team came back home after they qualified. Right now everyone I know is either watching the World Cup or playing FIFA 2006.

It's great how football brings together people who under other circumstances will tear each other apart... instead we get to do it on the field. Like any other thing people lose their temper at times but it's one of the few places you will see a grown man cry, billions of people of different race and cultures come together etc. It just shows that there is a little bit of human goodness left in all this turmoil in the world... Anyway, back to the GOOAAALLLLLLSSSSSSSSSS!

kinda lucky down here in oz we cot live coverage of each game then repeated during the day guess it's the first time in 30odd years we have a team in the finals so there really milking it

on another note we just spanked the brits at rugby 34-3 so all is well

kinda lucky down here in oz we cot live coverage of each game then repeated during the day guess it's the first time in 30odd years we have a team in the finals so there really milking it

on another note we just spanked the brits at rugby 34-3 so all is well

Thats because the hour when each game is over there is terrible... well it was more or less the same over here with the Sydney Olympics and with the Korea/Japan WC :)

Hmm, good England GP... but it hurts to see Raikonen be a great driver minus a car. The McLaren is terrible, and Schumacher won fair and square in the last pit stop. Alonso is becoming what he hates the most: SCHUMACHER, lol... he totally beating anyone and everyone in skills, race car performance and luck.

Supershanks: Marco Rodriguez is like that: rules to the letter... and with his attitude to want to be the spot of attention, why do you think I wish he stays in Europe........ LOL :shake:

ronin688: Read the first post of this thread, the quote is from the link I posted... which probably isn't in the main page anymore. This referee beat my team in the final in the last tournament, misteriously he showed 3 red cards within the limits of the rules to my team... and funny he showed another 3 red cards to another team when he played against the same one. Funny indeed, so funny I wish I didn't had any fun never again :mad:

Alonso is celebrating with Champaigne while the opera Carmen plays in the background... 20 minutes till first game of the day, I have to grab something to eat :)

ronin688: Read the first post of this thread, the quote is from the link I posted... which probably isn't in the main page anymore. This referee beat my team in the final in the last tournament, misteriously he showed 3 red cards within the limits of the rules to my team... and funny he showed another 3 red cards to another team when he played against the same one. Funny indeed, so funny I wish I didn't had any fun never again :mad:

LoL yeah I saw that AFTER the England-Paraguay game, and thought it was funny that my wife and I thought he was horrible! (and sorta funny lookin!) haha. Does he officiate any more games in the World Cup or is that it for him?

GenX - It's great how football brings together people who under other circumstances will tear each other apart... instead we get to do it on the field. Like any other thing people lose their temper at times but it's one of the few places you will see a grown man cry, billions of people of different race and cultures come together etc. It just shows that there is a little bit of human goodness left in all this turmoil in the world... Anyway, back to the GOOAAALLLLLLSSSSSSSSSS
To true bro :cool: :nod:

@3stars - Think many teams are wary of the aussies after seeing some of the tackles in the friendlies :) :shake:

we just spanked the brits at rugby 34-3 so all is well
- it's interesting wc fever has taken over & whilst that would normally a fairly hot topic i didn't know result till u told me. :) :shake: