eVGA 7900GT r.i.p. and excellent support....

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, seems like the replacement card is bad too. I've tried using CoolBits 2.0 with 91.31 drivers, Automatic Optimize settings and it already starts to artifact, then flickers once and comes to 549/814. Then didn't even launch a game but only Xfire and it totally froze, then i couldn't move my mouse, this sucks man!

F.E.A.R. works, but it artifacts and when I quit out the screen flickers whenever the mouse is clicked. It has the newest patches.

Same thing happened to me on my SECOND RMA! Oh well they just sent me a new one and it stopped happening. The card's bad.

Okay, seems like the replacement card is bad too. I've tried using CoolBits 2.0 with 91.31 drivers, Automatic Optimize settings and it already starts to artifact, then flickers once and comes to 549/814. Then didn't even launch a game but only Xfire and it totally froze, then i couldn't move my mouse, this sucks man!

any luck on default speed???

@Shpoon, cleared! :P

So far since Friday the default speeds (520/1500) doesn't seem to have any issues. Played CODMP 1.5 Patch @1280x1024 Settings MAXED OUT, Condemned Criminal Origin with somewhat settings high with no screen flickering, artifacts ect. Let's see how it turns out when i give it 1.3v or 1.4v today. Wish me luck, hahaha. OOOPPSS I KILLED MY BOARD, lol j/k. :)

I'm on my 2nd RMA card, (3rd including retail) and it's bad too.

I'm freakin out honestly, it's just been stressful for too long now.... Same problems as everyone else has on the EVGA forums. Artifacts and lockups in certain games (FEAR/Oblivion/Star Wars Empire AT war/3DMark06[Deep Freeze] and then the flashing corrupted screen on exit.

I've gone over every piece of my rig with a microscope pretty much. Tested the hell out of memory/CPU. Tried all different drivers. Learned how to use a DMM and checked all my voltages under load and at idle.

EVERYTHING...

The original card went bad on me after 3-4 days. Before I even overclocked my system actually. I've tested it with and without my OC, and I've never tried any volt mods, or overclocking of the GPU at all. Only underclocking the stupid thing gets me somewhat stable in FEAR.

See it's so frustrating because common sense tells you that you're not likely to get 3 bad cards in a row, so you look for problems in the rigs, and commonalities between peoples systems who're having the exact same issues... Only problem is there is not even close to a common component among all the people with the issues.

So WTF! LoL. If it's card after card you think "Ok it's got to be my system..." but then you say "Well if the same problems show up on widely different rigs and the only thing in common is the GPU, then logic dictates it'd be the GPU"

SO who knows, I just know I'm in hell and I doubt now that I'll ever have a functioning card. Sure EVGA has a great RMA process, but all I want is a card that I can pop in a game and not have to worry every second if it's going to mess up.

Is your running stable at stock speeds? Why did you take it back to the shop,what was wrong with it? Wouldn't overclock without artifacts (that's what mine is doing) but it's running fine at stock (520/1500). Dude those power regulators on the back corner of the card get really really hot, try putting your finger on them, geeez. Put two memory sinks on it or something, but i'm not sure if it will stablize your issues, morelikey not.

@ronin

i heard swapping a better PSU wit at least 18A on the +12 helps... i have 20A on my +12 and i never had a problem wit the card.... just an idea.....

also i heard evga is working on a whole new batch of 7900GTs.....

@free_free

what driver ur using? try using the new 91.28 official. or try on somebody else's computer....