eVGA 7900GT r.i.p. and excellent support....

SOOOOOO i was bragging left n right how i got lucky getting a fully working 7900GT....

i had my share of badluck today. :sad:

all is well, the noise problem is also gone, cant really overclock but heck, its superclock already, default 550/1580... all is great. (fixed the noise problem by dropping a drop of superglue at a transistor) at my native res. , 1280x1024, i cant throw anything that can make it crawl under 50fps..... except oblivion... so i never wanted to overclock it. temps are good. life is perfect... or should i say... "was"......

i changed the stock cooler to a hacked-AC silencer5 (gotta cut 3cm off), and its perfect. stock on load is 49. so i thought, hmm maybe its time to do a little volt-mod :) but i dont have any conduct pen yet... so i thought, lets start with the mem....

so i did the little pencil thing, all is well, but before i plug it back in, i....had the feeling, let me drop another superglue to the other 2 transistor (the black ones), i mean, why not? it worked on the big grey one...... lets do this.

well, crap, my silencer is on the way... lets take that off..... damn sticky mem-pads..... need screwdriver just to *tilt* it abit :)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, i heard about your 7900GT. Sorry to hear about that, it's like somewhat similar with what happen with mine, but i'm still wondering what really did happen. I got it on a Friday, and it was running perfect overclocked (550/1560) for two days and when i tried to take the stock cooler off and stick an Zalman VF700Cu on it, i sort of hit a flat hit screw driver someone on the front portion of the card. I sort of looked but i didn't get the issues that you got, just could overclock it without getting flickering and other things, but i'm thinking what you said to me the other day which might of been the problem from the beginning. Anyhow i'll buy that Pen and ship it boss, just be good with the next card you get. I hope all goes well, take it easy BOSS. :)

lol i won't get into it... on evga rma #3.... ^^

so ur one of the guys in the 1% group :D along with a guy that has 21 (yes, twenty-one) rma........ with no luck........darn.... lol

@mack,

yes sirre, i 'll take care of it REAL good when i get it....... *ugh* i'll be gentle...

Again, taking ur heatsink with a screwdriver is a STUPID IDEA! use ur hand or use a soft-tip plier or somethin that wont scratch the card's pcb....... just the slightest force will scratch them, and some of the traces are very very very tiny and small on the uppermost layer of the card. im talkin bout .1mm diameter traces between the memory modules that can render ur card totally useless....

@rdr4gon

well u need a credit-card for crossshipping, but other than that, its all good. fast service too.

Yeah, but i was trying to tighten the screws for the VF700Cu and all of the sudden the flat head screw driver had a mind of its own and cut right into the PCB and then laughed at me man. I don't know man, i'm cursed.... :)

Note: Today is the day that i will be shipping son... just be nice....sarg...

Yeah, but i was trying to tighten the screws for the VF700Cu and all of the sudden the flat head screw driver had a mind of its own and cut right into the PCB and then laughed at me man. I don't know man, i'm cursed.... :)

Note: Today is the day that i will be shipping son... just be nice....sarg...

:nod: much appreciated :nod:

but yeah, screwdriver is evil....... i learn to tighten things up with my hands now...

*sigh* even if i got the pen, i dont kno when can i get my 7900GT back........... ship it slow, man, if i got my card back n its working, i need alot of guts to start messing around wit it again........

I've been posting this on several threads here, so I hope I'm not overdoing it.

From Xbits Labs

Pre-Overlocked Graphics Cards May Have Problems – Graphics Cards Makers.

BFG, EVGA, XFX Comment on Pre-Overclocked GeForce 7900-Series Failures

There seems to be a big difference in how the different companies are handeling the issue, a good read.

I'm glad I chose Evga, and I'm glad the 7900's weren't out when I bought my 7800.

:nod: much appreciated :nod:

but yeah, screwdriver is evil....... i learn to tighten things up with my hands now...

*sigh* even if i got the pen, i dont kno when can i get my 7900GT back........... ship it slow, man, if i got my card back n its working, i need alot of guts to start messing around wit it again........

In that case, i'll send you my PEN. It's got plenty of INK left for you to draw a city on a map, trust me boss! I'll ship it today so i can get you off my chest you hairy beast! peace!

I've been posting this on several threads here, so I hope I'm not overdoing it.

From Xbits Labs

There seems to be a big difference in how the different companies are handeling the issue, a good read.

I'm glad I chose Evga, and I'm glad the 7900's weren't out when I bought my 7800.

Damn, maybe i should of got a refund and just put that money in my pocket. I'd think this X800GTO would do about right for my lil' brother. Damn you 7900GT, i curse you! balbh blahb albhlabjl

Now....THAT is what i call service. Its a shame that EVGA or ANY other company has no representation here at South America. if one of our cards its RIP, our investement goes directly to hell. Is there any way we can request such service down here? Or im dreaming about it? :P