Major problems overclocking Venices!

OK, I need SuperHIGH HTT... How to achieve that? It doesn't boot to WinXP above 333 Mhz... I took away Ide Prefecth , what is that NCQ, I have two Sata drives

I would need at least 400 (400x7 = 2800 :nod: )

changing Chip voltage and LDT multiplier don't seem to help...

NF4 chipset cooler is very hot even with high airflow.

Prosessor is stable only at 220x10 or 7x345 @ default vcore. See the difference?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now you're really making me totally confused!

Why do you need a "SuperHIGH HTT"? The 3200+ has a pretty convenient max multiplier of 10, so obviously there must be some other hitch here. It doesn't sound right that with a multiplier of 10 it works worse then with a multiplier of 7.

I think it's time for you to post all your settings in Genie Bios, just like in the Database on this forum. I can at least not understand your working methods, but it doesn't mean they're wrong, I simply think it would be much easier to really see in figures what we're talking about.

Now you're really making me totally confused!

Why do you need a "SuperHIGH HTT"? The 3200+ has a pretty convenient max multiplier of 10, so obviously there must be some other hitch here. It doesn't sound right that with a multiplier of 10 it works worse then with a multiplier of 7.

I think it's time for you to post all your settings in Genie Bios, just like in the Database on this forum. I can at least not understand your working methods, but it doesn't mean they're wrong, I simply think it would be much easier to really see in figures what we're talking about.

OK, I'll take pictures from every screen and post them back here soon...

Keep in mind that not all Venices are made the same, even having the same stepping as someone else that's doing good, doesn't guarantee anything.

This is a thread about my 3200+ Venice, which I gave up on now that I got my Opteron 170. I gave it to my wife, it's fine for her.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50318

I know this Venice has a different stepping, but it just shows that you never know for sure what's going to happen.

I don’t know if I should interject here or not, cause I’m running my Venice on S754. I think the cores are the same though.

My E6 Venice won’t go past 2.41GHz without at least 1.6 Vcore, and then it fails pime in a few minutes @ 2.5GHz. My RAM is Memtest stable up to 270MHZ, and my temps have never gone past 42c. I’ve studied the OC guide and the mem thread, I’ve tried every combination of dividers and RAM timings I can come up with and it still hits a wall right at 2.41GHz.

I’m not willing to run my chip with more than a 10% overvolt, so I’m resigned to 268x9 till that settlement I’m waiting for arrives.

I don’t think the newer Venice cores are great clockers …just a thought from a 754 user.

Keep in mind that not all Venices are made the same, even having the same stepping as someone else that's doing good, doesn't guarantee anything.

This is a thread about my 3200+ Venice, which I gave up on now that I got my Opteron 170. I gave it to my wife, it's fine for her.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50318

I know this Venice has a different stepping, but it just shows that you never know for sure what's going to happen.

So I had bad luck twice. That's really really sad. :sad:

WTF, CPU passes SuperPI32M easily 2385 Mhz, but fails SP2004 instantly in the first second, saying Test 1, 800000 Lucas-Lehmer iterations of M172031 using 8K FFT length.

FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4

Usually, If I have got SuperPI32M stable, it has run Prime at least couple minutes before crashing, usually 15-30 minutes. Maybe there is some memory setting that causes instant failing?