New BIOS for NF4 to support 7950 GX2?

As title, does the Expert need a BIOS flash to add compatibility for the 7950GX2 or will it work straight out of the Box? Several other manufacturers have released updated BIOS's (ASUS, Gigabyte etc) btw.

Many Thanks.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest caffeinejunkie

Well theres nothing special about the infinity nf4 sli

if it works I imagine any dfi board capable of giving the card 16x will work

I mean I could be wrong but I dont see why only the infinity would work

Guest Xenozx

I am very interested in knowing this well. I am tempted to use EVGA's stepup program and step up to this card but would like to see if someone can get it working on the expert board first. IM sure Nvidia doesnt have every SLI motherboard in house for testing, so it just may not have been tested on the expert and therefore is not on the list.

the 7950 GX2 cards need a full 16x pcie slot...

if your board splits that to 2 8x slots when sli is enabled, dx10 cards wont work...

i imagine if your board supports dual 16x pcie slots for sli dx10 cards should work with sli...

this makes sence if you look at that theres 2 cpus per 16x pcie slot...

if you try and sli 2 of these cards with a board that cuts the pcie bandwidth to 8x then each core would only get 4x bandwidth... that would suck...

note: i herd this from a (possable) sketch site... please correct me if im wrong...

http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles/view....=3&id=1926&pg=2 says that a SLI motherboard is not required to use the gx2 BUT will still act as though it is a SLI setup detected as one card only.

Can someone confirm this on the DFI ULTRA-D asap if anybody has one already in the near future. Would like to plan ahead for future upgrades if this is true. wouldn't need to get a new motherboard hehe...

*Edit: Prolly needs a bios update for the ULTRA-D to support this new card. If so will DFI actually issue a bios update in the near future if the demand is there? Thanks.

Warmest regards