New BIOS for NF4 to support 7950 GX2?

Yes, we are getting optimal performance when comparing our results to the numerous reviews that have come out. Some people report cpu-id only reports 8x on the pcie Link Rate when it should be 16x, but that is a problem with cpu-id. I use a PowerStrip to get the correct information and it reports 16x. Below is the graphics adapter info from PowerStrip for my XFX GX2 7950 in my LanParty UT Expert with the 0406 bios:

Graphics card #1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Identity - Pineview Display controller

Memory clock - 775.00 MHz

Engine clock - 570.00 MHz

IRQ - 19, shared

PCIe version - 1.00a

PCIe link rate - x16

Display driver - nv4_disp.dll, v.6.14.10.9133

DirectX driver - nv4_disp.dll, v.6.14.10.9133

Attached monitor - Dell 2405FPW (Digital) (Dell Inc.)

Monitor caps (1) - 1920x1200, 83kHz, 76Hz

Pharma

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DjDaLiu

So will be no problem to install a 7950GX2 on my DFI NF4 Ultra D with bios 704-2BTA?

Not with my board. However, my board was already in sli mode (with the jumpers); before putting in a 7950gx2, i had 2 x 7800 gtx in sli, and it still is in sli mode. I did not change this because the jumpers are hard to remove.

• 2 weeks later...

Crap, I'm still confused. I hear some say the 7950 worked right out the box on an Ultra D, then others say they had to move the jumpers on the motherboard for both cores to work. So which is it? I mean one guy in another thread in this forum says without moving those jumpers, the card was only using one core (verified by benchmarking) and that entry in the new control panel to enable both cores was not even present (until he moved the jumpers on the Ultra D). That's quite a bit different from "right out of the box". I want this card but sure want to know what I have to do to get full functionality from it. The last thing I would want is a crippled 7950.