Best aircooled heatsink

jadit2

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Former Big Typhoon owner: I can vouch for the temps listed above. It actually extremely easy to put in with the case still installed if you use the stock backplate which works just fine. (Something I've verified.)

Everybody says that the xp90 or xp120 and so on , but correct me if im wrong ,

isnt the copper better heat remover than aluminum ????????????

Like once i had zalmans new copper cooler "was great" and then i tried a aluminum cooler "it sucked"... i just wondered because the xp90 & 120 look aluminum... are those...???

Check this link out, it gives an overview of the BIG Typhoon as well as comparisons to some of the other popular heatsinks >>Link

And here is another review >>Link

And here is one for the XP-120 >>Link

Just to give you an idea of what you will be dealing with as far as instalation, and most of these bigger coolers you are going to need to remove the MB to install, or at least it will make your life much, MUCH easier.

Guest shaolin95
haha i wounder when id see that lol hows it going shaolin95

:shake: Its part of the forum now!

Everybody says that the xp90 or xp120 and so on , but correct me if im wrong ,

isnt the copper better heat remover than aluminum ????????????

Like once i had zalmans new copper cooler "was great" and then i tried a aluminum cooler "it sucked"... i just wondered because the xp90 & 120 look aluminum... are those...???

tests show the copper one is only better when not useing a fan

I have the SI-120 with a 2100 rpm 120 mm panaflo on it... no complaints, getting 28/38 at approx. 1.55V (2.8ghz), and I don't think I had to take the board out of the case, from what I remember.

I have the SI-120 with a 2100 rpm 120 mm panaflo on it... no complaints, getting 28/38 at approx. 1.55V (2.8ghz), and I don't think I had to take the board out of the case, from what I remember.

^ And that's another big reason that Thermalright could be considered king. Most of these heatsinks are competitive, but the option of installing a kickass fan, and how well they respond to massive airflow is a nice feature. The ninja, the tuniq tower, and all TT coolers would need at least some modification in order to install a nice fan ( by nice I mean Delta EHE, GHE , or a panaflo Ultra 38mm).

What I want is to buy someone's retail cooler from a newer X2 or retail opteron. Those are like a .16 C/W with the 80mm POS fan they ship with.