Please Help Me! This Is Desperate

celda1488

ok i tried to overclock and im newbie... i uped the fsb from 133-200 and restarted and it like doesnt work... wont even get to bios so i can change it back... have i fried the motherboard or is there NE WAY i can get back cuz im really gonna b dead if its fried PLZ HELP

Don't worry its not fried (Most likely :D )

Turn off the comp. Unhook the power cord off the psu. and take that little round battery off your mobo for about 5 min. Put it back in and your default settings will be back.

Edit: and from now on when u overclock, up it up a little at a time. And welcome to OCC!

Edited by AYoKoNA

yup... that should clear your CMOS and then set your motherboard back to its default settings. and yes, up in small increments of 1-2mhz, and then test for system stability using some program that uses most if not all of your cpu (such as Prime95, SiSoft Sandra burnin wizzard, 3Dmarks, or if u dont like any of those u can just simply go and play a game for a few hours. good luck!

haha you upped your FSB 67 mhz right out of the box??? haha sorry

you shouldn't have to take your battery right out...there is probably a jumper you can set to clear your CMOS, check your manual

You have to remember that you are dealing with an instrument that is tempermental like a woman and you have to massage it gently if you want it to perform for ya. Take your time, if/when you overclock you find that you have oc'd a little bit and the system becomes unstable then you may also have to up your voltages for your memory and cpu. Do alot of research before you start flooring it. Remember you have walk before you can run. Take your time and play around with it. By experimenting with your system you will learn how far you can take things. Also read YOUR MANUAL. Then when you have read it, read it some more! Also learn where all of your jumpers are located on the mobo. Get to know your mobo like the back of your hand! A good place to get some good info is the cpu manufactures website and the maker of your mobo. Also another thing you may have to do is update your bios. But depending on your mobo flashing your bios can be very tricky and devasting! So if there is an update available for your mobo, get help and see how it's done before you attempt it on your own.Good Luck and have fun. Welcome to OCC!

Edited by pcburner

Yep it truly is a stressfull moment, though you learnt a lesson now, didnt you? 1 piece of advice said before and will be said again oc in small jumps and dont forget to have fun :P

Edited by ime