(USA) Hitachi SATA II 80GB (8MB cache) 3.0Gb/s @ $46.00/ea

Angry_Games

dudes!

someone just PM'd me asking me if these drives were ok, and when I saw the price on them...I about freaked lol

I been using these since they first hit the shelf, and I don't think I've ever paid more than $69 for one, but the last 12-16 of them have run me roughly $55-59 each....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16822145082

newegghitachi1.gif

newegghitachi2.gif

$46.00

man...3 of them in RAID-0 is supafantabulaso...even 2 of them is fantasticalacious.

$46.00 for an 80GB fast drive... (see the Software section, there's a sticky that is 12 miles long about hdd's and RAID and there's a LOT of users that own these drives and swear by them...!

Now I am sure there are faster drives and maybe better drives that have 16MB cache or 15,000RPM SCSI ULtra Bigtime Mega-Mega etc

but

this is like the Thermalright XP-90

BANG FOR THE BUCK

if there could be a medal round for this in the Nerdlympics, this hdd would win in it's sport for the most bang for the buck.

heh

enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Joalaielna

If I were to get a fourth should I make a Raid 0+1, Or and it to my current stripe? When do you get to the point where more drives doesn't really help? My burst speed now is 325mb/s and my read speed is 135 mb/s.

Thanks for the headsup HG, Awesome Price.

If I were to get a fourth should I make a Raid 0+1, Or and it to my current stripe? When do you get to the point where more drives doesn't really help? My burst speed now is 325mb/s and my read speed is 135 mb/s.

Thanks for the headsup HG, Awesome Price.

you can't add into a current stripe, and I don't know if you can add into a current stripe to even make a 0+1 (seriously doubt it because there's no parity in RAID-0)

I would say that the speeds you have now are more than enough ;)

Guest Joalaielna

I figured that I couldn't just add it into without resetting up the raid, and thus formatting. Looks like I'll save my monies for my New LCD. Thanks