Which PSU to get?

mtx

Im looking at spending $100-$125 CANADIAN, which means thats roughly $100-$110 USD..

Im looking to power the computer in my specs with a few additions (7900GT volt modded to GTX speeds, DFI NF4 modded to SLI-DR, 1-2 more HDDs (maybe raid-0), DVDRW, dual core soon, 5x120mm case fans).. I am NOT running SLI yet, but I will in the future..my current PSU is fine (just got it new from RMA 2 months ago, but it's not the new ATX 2.x standard and its missing many of the new plugs and connectors so I might as well get a new PSU).. I like silence, but it doesnt have to be completely dead quiet, because after all, im running 5x120mm fans @ 5V..so no matter how quiet the PSU is, i'll still hear background wind noise from the fans..

Here are my options for a new PSU:

OCZ Powerstream 520W $128CAD (cheaper than usual since its on sale, usually $160CAD+)

Seasonic S12 500W $136CAD

Enermax Liberty 520W $140CAD

Fortron 500W Blue Storm $116CAD

Antec NeoHE 500W $125CAD

Antec TrueControl II 550W $80CAD (Used for 1 year)

Which one should I go for?

my 620 watt enermax liberty has semi / cold boot problem...

But only if I power down from the switch rather than windows.

Make sure your PSU is DFI compatable because I don't think there are many that are.

I'd look into a little more power if you want to run more than one HDD and SLI.

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku...liateid=2392334

This something that is said to be great. OZC is said to be what you want most poeple dont even look at any thing else it is the numer one "reconmened" psu that you can find But I am sure that there are others that are just as good for the same if not cheaper price.

still too $$, going to come out at $160 after shipping and taxes!

and it would be a waste to run that for several months without dualcore/dualgpu..

and im wondering why they dont have 5 yrs warranty on that psu?

I would get the forton. It odd that it cost more than the powerstream in america the power stream costs more.

The 600watt gameXstream is about 30-40$ cheaper than the 520 watt powerstream. I would get the forton.

I think that ozc is overpriced at least in the states I dont really understand canadain funds. they have such differant taxes and things like that. I would get forton if I were You they are soild.

the OCZ is most definitely not overpriced

it is the best psu for the money for DFI Lanparty NF4 and ATI Lanparty boards...the only psu that I could say might be better would be a PCP&C...but that is getting into even more cash than most have

the new OCZ GX psu's are out and they are quieter and even better than the Powerstreams.

gone are the days where we need to adjust the rails on a psu since our motherboards now provide 4v vdimm easily...but more importantly, 2GB kits and TCCD 1GB kits don't require this kind of voltage (and DDR2 won't need this kind of voltage either)

I can highly recommend the OCZ Powerstream 520w and the new OCZ GX 600w and 700w psu's

the 520w Powerstream is the most highly recommended psu and the most popular psu with DFI users...by a pretty big margin.