Half-life 2 Delayed Again

GolDfiNger

i dont see y they just dont release the game. the source code was practicly the finished product. if you dl/ed the source code from one of the websites, then you could play pretty much the finished product, minus the little last second "tweaks" that usually dont change much.. i want hl2 soo bad that if they delay past christmas, then i just might have to d/l the source code

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the way they stole it was they first got the password to one of the lead designer's email accounts, then used that to overflow outlook, and install a keystroke logger. later on they did the same thing except then they copied the whole code tree and stole it, im sure they had plenty of security, except, just like a good cracker, the person who took it found a small weakness, and worked it until it was such a big opening they could take the code, pretty much how all big networks get messed up by crackers :P

• 2 months later...

That is incorrect, Half Life 2 has not been released. If you purchase a 9800XT or 9600XT you will get a HL2 and Valve Premier Pack voucher (card). The voucher is mailed to ATI which will send you HL2 when released, until then you can d/l or order the Valve Premier Pack. The VPP comes with HL and other HL mods.

Exactly, look at Blizzard Entertainment heh prime example but this only shows that the game will be excellent once released :)

yes, Blizzard's games always take forever to be released, but they never fail to amaze and please. Don't know about Sierra though...hopefully.

I was at a kazzalite site on the web the other day, and saw a link to download the source for HL2...i guess it was real then...i dunno, i have no desire to download it.

and yes, as Ovega stated, you merely get a voucher. nobody has the retail game from purchasing and ATI card.

Edited by ClayMeow