Overclocking A Sony Pcv-rz22g Newbie Help!

2.4 ghz running at 160/44 in bios at 2880 ghz the thread might be old but i give people answers

And the forum is thankful for you. And your insight. :thumbs-up:

Take heed, gentlemen. Some Sony models apparently can be overclocked without any BIOS revision. Time to pull out my VGN-FS660 and see what I can do with it.

I have apparently lost my over 3.2 screen shots from my old 2.66 P4, but here's one from when it was in my Shuttle XPC, no voltage adjustment, and not even CLOSE to beign an OC friendly board. So idk where that whole "not OC firendly" crap comes from...

btw Section I, Rule 12:

Do not dig up old threads! If you want to continue a discussion from an old thread (older than 2-3 months), create a new thread and reference the old one in your opening post if necessary. There is very little reason to dig up an old thread.

I always must ask myself about taking the written advice from someone who clearly can't read.

I have apparently lost my over 3.2 screen shots from my old 2.66 P4, but here's one from when it was in my Shuttle XPC, no voltage adjustment, and not even CLOSE to beign an OC friendly board. So idk where that whole "not OC firendly" crap comes from...

Well I have never been able to get past 3.0 with my old 2.66 on a P4C800. And that's with 1.6v

• 8 months later...

I have the Sony RZ22G and I tried what Vicious said to do and got nothing. Was a screen supposed to pop up once I rebooted? I tried a second time and went into Setup Screen and processor was still locked. Anyone have a clue. Maybe I need more detail because I'm new to this, but it would be awesome to OC this system. It's so slow I can feel my toenails growing when I use it!

ShooterKC2007

2 used Dell e510 PD 2.8-820 with OCZ 4GB each. Still too damn slow for me.

1 very well used Sony RZ22G P4 2.4 with the 1 GB DDR moving like a turtle.