Antec 380w

I have actually a ANTEC 380W power supply and I have seen in my notice of my DFI NF3 that a power supply with a minimum of 400 Watt is strongly recommended.

Considering my following configuration do you think that it could be a problem with my "only" 380 W ANTEC ?

Thanks to you!

You need to upgrade to a more efficient PSU since you might run into problems with that setup sooner or later. Plus if you're planning to overclock, you really do need a much more powerful high quality PSU. :)

The amperage on the +12v is really all that matters on the power supply, and the antec 380 is better than most generic 550s, but I had to replace my antec 380 when I got the 6800 Ultra.

Cheap 380w will have like 13-18A on the +12 rail, and when they recommend a 400w, it's because most cheap 400w have about 20-24A on the +12. The antec 380 has 2x 16A on the +12, so as long as it is hooked up correctly you should be just fine, dependign on that videocard, since AGP cards use way more power than PCIe cards.

dependign on that videocard, since AGP cards use way more power than PCIe cards.

As you can read on my profile I have a Nvidia Quadro FX 3000 and this graphic card require to be directly connected to one of the jack of my Power Supply.

Actually After installing the drivers nforce 5.11 windows never restart; after the pc boot the screen became black and nothing happened but difficult to say if it is a problem du to my power supply or a problem with my SCSI card...

Hi!

I had also Antec 380W (12V/18A) what was included Sonata Piano chassis. Well it run better than Antec NeoHE 430W v2.0 or Seasonic 430W v2.0...they simply didnt have enough power on rails for my GF 6800 GT..now finaly i got stronger PSU Be Quiet P6 Dark Power 520W it runs now nicely and quiet..more info about my upgrade proplems on this link here:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52671

Antec had power to run but it was running hot...

If you have a second PSU lying around you could take some of the load off your system and see if power is your problem, like I do. have one run mobo,CPU , G/card and the other running Fans, lights and HDD's

When I had just one of my PSU's connected I instaled XP with no problems and internet and small apps went without a hitch, but as soon as I started a game or benchmark that used my G/card, I would get BSOD and then a reboot or the system would just crash and I would have to manually reset the PC.it had me scratching my head for a while and I thought that my 500W though generic would be enough as it was plenty for my DFI NF2 board it was no where near enough for the 250Gb.