Temperatures of dual core opterons

Burky

Thats very odd, my 165 loads @ 42C max w/1.55v on H2O with a DangerDen TDX / DD5 and a 4x92mm heater core.

Maybe you dont have good enough airflow on your radiator?

Maybe you have bad waterblock contact

Maybe you need to remove that IHS

What are your ambient temps?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My new WC system runs about 31/32 idle to 45C dual load in an 80+ degree room. (My parents don't believe in AC I guess... it .ing 95 outside already!) I'm abou tto reconfigure the whole thing once my new reservoir comes in and I'll probably see a few C drop on each temp.

I'm running a TDX and maze4 blocks on a 7900GT voltmod and a 1.55vcore 170.

I would go for aircooling, since water cooling is only a few degrees cooler and doesn't go below ambient temps. Peltier cooling has more bang for the buck, but not really necessary unless you just gotta go over 3GHz. I get 35C idle to 55C load when dual priming. When I encode a DVD using DVD Shrink, my CPU is maxed at 100% usage, but never goes over 47C-50C @ 1.4v

Then your previous cooler sucked, load temperatures are not too different between my old WC setup and my stock AMD heat pipe cooler with a better fan added. Obviously it depends on the quality of WC setup, as well. At 1.55v I would imagine water making a difference, but you should try a better air cooler. I don't know what forums you frequent, but at the Street we try to go for mature conversation, rather than snippy remarks and attitudes, save those for when they are really needed. Welcome to the Street, btw, nice to meet you.

I frequent XtremeSystems, Guru3d, Anandtech, and once in a while noobish [H] (mostly for the trading forum). Please don't go acting like you're all mature on me.

I had an Arctic Freezer 64, which was in turn about 7C below my stock AMD cooler

Well, if that's accurate, I will have to retract my previous statement, and apologize.

What are the specs on your WC setup? Were you able to get the same speed with the air cooler? If not what was your max temps/OC on air?

Actually you just stated it was a 15C drop. I think those temps are really good considering how much juice you were running through it. Also if you could hit the same speeds stable with that cooler, it really wasn't worth the WC setup, imo. I get 55C @1.4v on air