What would you guys say if...?

jumpman

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Logitech has something like this... in one of their gaming keyboards they put a LCD screen and from here you can load a bunch of aplications, from Motherboard Monitor to a dancing Homer Simpson.

The idea is solid, and a lot of people would be interested.

Logitech has something like this... in one of their gaming keyboards they put a LCD screen and from here you can load a bunch of aplications, from Motherboard Monitor to a dancing Homer Simpson.

The idea is solid, and a lot of people would be interested.

The problem with logitech's solution is:

1) The keyb is expensive (at least here in Argentina)

2) There arent that much applications for it

3) It comes with the sdk, buy...lets be honest, whos going to spend his precious time coding an aplication for an stupid display when you can use LCDC or LCDstudio...or something like that?

Anyway...the first prototype is coming! ..maybe friday ill have some pics.

The logo looks cool man..!

I personally like ot see some LEDs around too.. gives a complicated look.. makes me feel like working in a cockpit :P lol..

you know.. the power led..hdd led.. high cpu temp warning led..cpu/chipset fan not working led.. something like that..

nice work man.. keep it up..

power led and hdd led doesnt cut it for me...but if you want one with that...no problem....well do it :P its just that those are embebed in the case.

The logo...hehe, i LOVE IT...it took 5 minutes tho :P

Ill keep you guys informed ^^

EDIT: High CPU temp would be a nice touch...really usefull. And fans not working led...KICKASS.

True voltage readings, not software readings is the most important. Just think of all the people here that post problems that are related to the PSU. if you can see your voltage drop on a load or overclock, that would be such a big help to see your rails falter under load!!

The problem with logitech's solution is:

1) The keyb is expensive (at least here in Argentina)

2) There arent that much applications for it

3) It comes with the sdk, buy...lets be honest, whos going to spend his precious time coding an aplication for an stupid display when you can use LCDC or LCDstudio...or something like that?

Anyway...the first prototype is coming! ..maybe friday ill have some pics.

I like to see the pictures :)

Btw, LCDstudio requires something like 400mb of RAM when loaded... thats why I haven't installed it yet to load all the "pretty" stuff available for the G15. Yeah it is expensive (even at Bestbuy), and I bought it in a moment of weakness :tooth:, but right now I have a MBM5 screen telling me cpu, chipset, PWM, gpu1, gpu2 temperatures as well as calibrated 12v and 5v voltages. I also have the BF2 screen that tells me scores, server IP, personal game stats... :)

What about using a PCI video card to control the LCD screen?

What about using a PCI video card to control the LCD screen?

You can...but there are some problems with resolution and drivers.

Anyway...it could be done...just have to triple check before shipping anything that im not 100% sure if works(The "use it thru 2nd video card")

I would use a pci video card and have it so the vga port runs internaly, that way it can be supplied to a larger consumer base (for those who have only one pci x16 or agp slot and cant use a seccond video card for it. It would also give it a cleaner effect so you dont have a cable running out the back pci port or where ever to your video card. also you could have glowing buttons on each side for selecting what you want to monitor besides your video and maybe produce it so the color could be changed from say red to green to blue and so forth. although im certian that this would add alot to the cost of the final product.