How do these componants look for this MB.

Shifty54

Droppin the cash for this at the end of the month, just figured I'd see what yall think about the choices I made in conjunction with this MB. DFI came highly recommended from a bunch of friends of mine and other users of forums across the net.

Case-ASPIRE X-Navigator ATXA8NW-SS/500 Silver Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Mobo-DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD

VidCard-eVGA 512-P2-N570-AX Geforce 7900GTX 512MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16

Power Supply-FSP Group (Fortron Source) FX600-GLN ATX12V/ EPS12V 600W All-In-One Power Supply

CPU-AMD Opteron 170 Denmark 1GHz HT Socket 939 Dual Core Processor

Ram-G.SKILL Extreme Series 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 500 (PC 4000) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model

HD #1-Western Digital Raptor WD740GD 74GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive

HD #2-Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 ST3250823AS 250GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive

Media-NEC 16X DVD±R DVD ND-3550A - OEM

CPU Cooling-ZALMAN CNPS9500 LED 92mm 2 Ball Blue LED Light Cooling Fan with Heatsink

OS-Microsoft Windows XP Home With SP2

Total - 2054.34

Looks very nice from where I'm sitting. That Opteron though, is it really 1Ghz and if so what do you intend to clock it to for it to match up evenly with the 7900Gt?

I think at 1Ghz you would be bottlenecked by your CPU.

EDIT:Oh I see you listed the HT speed, that doesnt mean anything really.

2ghz your chip runs at and will be a great match for that card once overclocked at bit.

Seagate is EXCELLENT, but Hitachi are better, also I dont think Seagate make SATA2 HDD's Hitachi use SATA2 HDD's which are slightly faster! its like R200 at most more expensive (Hitachi compared to the Seagate). Its the small things which count as well.

Would Changing this board to the Expert cause any problems? In case I do fel like going SLI sometime down the road it looks like the layout is better suited for airflow and cooling for both those cards. Just curious because I seem to remember seeing a post or two about needing differnt PS connectors or somethin.

yes you need a certain PSU for the expert board, if you look in the PSU recommendation sticky it will show you which ones are compatible with the expert board. the Ultra board is easily modded to SLI with a pencil.

Ok so I read that it (the expert board) takes a 24 pin Power connector. (If I'm reading it right) and my FSP 600W shows it does have a 24pin connector. So I am assuming this would work as well. In the recommended list of PS, the Fortron Source (FSP) 550 is on the "a" list so it would be smart that the 600 is the same as well.

Ok so I read that it (the expert board) takes a 24 pin Power connector. (If I'm reading it right) and my FSP 600W shows it does have a 24pin connector. So I am assuming this would work as well. In the recommended list of PS, the Fortron Source (FSP) 550 is on the "a" list so it would be smart that the 600 is the same as well.

Yep, the FSP 600W Epsilon is IMO your best bet for a PSU that has a low risk of displaying cold-boot issues with the Expert board and it is a great PSU to boot. RGone on here recommends them for the Expert. It is not on the list as the list is somewhat outdated and this is a new PSU.

Droppin the cash for this at the end of the month, just figured I'd see what yall think about the choices I made in conjunction with this MB. DFI came highly recommended from a bunch of friends of mine and other users of forums across the net.

Case-ASPIRE X-Navigator ATXA8NW-SS/500 Silver Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Mobo-DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD

VidCard-eVGA 512-P2-N570-AX Geforce 7900GTX 512MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16

Power Supply-FSP Group (Fortron Source) FX600-GLN ATX12V/ EPS12V 600W All-In-One Power Supply

CPU-AMD Opteron 170 Denmark 1GHz HT Socket 939 Dual Core Processor

Ram-G.SKILL Extreme Series 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 500 (PC 4000) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model

HD #1-Western Digital Raptor WD740GD 74GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive

HD #2-Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 ST3250823AS 250GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive

Media-NEC 16X DVD±R DVD ND-3550A - OEM

CPU Cooling-ZALMAN CNPS9500 LED 92mm 2 Ball Blue LED Light Cooling Fan with Heatsink

OS-Microsoft Windows XP Home With SP2

Total - 2054.34

everything looks fantastic!

good psu choice by the way (see my main rig in my sig!)

Opening Up A Can Of Worms Time.:)

SLI 7900GTX or Nay nay?

From a money standpoint. Yes, I "can" afford it. But the bigger question is. Should it happen.

On one hand it's good to have it cuz thats where the industry is headed. On the other hand it is a pretty large $$$ increase over the amount of performance you get. That, and there are only a handful of games that take advantage of it. And on a third hand, it's very possible that in waiting the cards will come down in price a good deal anyway so it would be easier to buy at that time. Oh decisions decisions...

Thanks for any replys

S