moving from rdx200 to cfx3200 - could I just swap out motherboard

I haven't tried with those particular motherboards, but I have gone from an nforce 2 board to nforce 3 without formatting. I simply removed the motherboard drivers, graphics card drivers and sound drivers, before taking the old motherboard out. You'll have to do this for each OS you have. I did format a couple of weeks later though so everything was 'perfect'

You remove the chipset drivers though before you remove the mother, as soon as it boots up with the new motherboard, it detects the hardware again and asks you to use the windows wizard to install hardware, I cancel these then install the relevant driver pack exes.

it will work, i've done it plenty of times. i have a separate hard drive that i use for testing purposes on all my various motherboards, with the same install of windows XP. it's been used on my dfi expert, asrock dual-sata, sapphire PI-A9RX480, and some others as well. it will just find new hardware (chipset) upon loading into windows.

While I don't use it for my main system drive, only for testing/overclocking new boards, ect. It's probably best to do a clean install, but it does work just fine.

it will work, i've done it plenty of times. i have a separate hard drive that i use for testing purposes on all my various motherboards, with the same install of windows XP. it's been used on my dfi expert, asrock dual-sata, sapphire PI-A9RX480, and some others as well. it will just find new hardware (chipset) upon loading into windows.

While I don't use it for my main system drive, only for testing/overclocking new boards, ect. It's probably best to do a clean install, but it does work just fine.

i hate to say such a thing openly but this is just plain bad advice (to just jam a new motherboard in and expect your boot OS to...boot properly)

While I don't use it for my main system drive, only for testing/overclocking new boards, ect.

this is what you should say instead of just telling someone something that too many of us know is just not true.

i hate to say such a thing openly but this is just plain bad advice (to just jam a new motherboard in and expect your boot OS to...boot properly)

Yeah AngryGames is right. however, I have made a few motherboard swaps without too many headaches, but there always have been some.

I swapped an Asus a8n (nf4) with a LP nf4 SLI-DR. Same chipset so no biggie.

Then I removed an a8n32 (nf4) and replaced it with the MSI k9n DP (nf4). Then I put an Asus a8r32-MVP (RX 3200) in the puter that had the MSI.

I always remove CS drivers and in the case of the RX3200 and nf4 switch, I was changing from SLI to CF so I cleaned the gpu drivers. I always forget to remove the ODM utilities for the boards. Like I had Digicell and MSI Core on my Asus, and Asus Probe and Update on my MSI.

Even though I replace the board, and try to iunstall their repective utilities without reinstalling the OS, sometimes, the utility will claim that I am not using the board of the repective manuf. I have to make reg changes, etc. Nonetheless, I usually have not had to reinstall through 3 changes. My systems are mutiple OS and mutiple partitions, so it is a beeyotch when I have to.

Nontheless, it is something I recommend, but if you can get it to boot, more power too you.