Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

Update, still the odd lockup (using HDTune now and not HDTach).

Not bad overall but not right by any means, swap on still gives many more errors.

I'm giving up for now, waiting for more from DFI.

Perhaps they can look at an ASUS BIOS and compare. :)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmz... I'm starting to doubt HDTune (haha wish it was true)... HDTach/SiSoft/Defrag runs fine atm...

I'm afraid of running HDTune now:

sson9.th.jpg

I think the driver needs a small correction with the swapfile handling or something. During normal usage it seems to be working correct, now. Will copy some DVD files now.

Edit: Just copied 35GB of DVD files. No error. I dont want to run HDTune anymore! ;)

Edit: And another 25GB of files... :)

Edit: And defrag completed... I dont want to run HDTune, keep me away from doing it!

Edit: Over 10hr's error free. Could it be HDTune is just incompatible or something? Haha, I dont know, but NOTHING else I do makes an error appear in the event viewer. And I dont want to try HDTune. It's bad for my health, I think.

ChkDsk

Just for fun (ha!) I've tried drivers 2.10 and 2.13 and I have to say the lock-ups are much less frequent with the beta.

The question still remains though: Why does the A8R32-MVP not have this problem (works fine with 2.20 WHQL drivers).

Still no more news from DFI? Maybe they need to put a logic analyser on the job and look at what is happening. If the ASUS works surely it is not something inside the chip at fault, so it is either something external to it or the settings (and their interaction with the driver) .....

It's really not funny, how can they release a board with a fault like this? Or is it a bad batch of chips? (If so please offer us a group RMA!)

Maybe we should start comparing serial numbers or something ..... if we could get someone with a similar setup that has no problems to post theirs ......

Just for fun (ha!) I've tried drivers 2.10 and 2.13 and I have to say the lock-ups are much less frequent with the beta.

The question still remains though: Why does the A8R32-MVP not have this problem (works fine with 2.20 WHQL drivers).

Still no more news from DFI? Maybe they need to put a logic analyser on the job and look at what is happening. If the ASUS works surely it is not something inside the chip at fault, so it is either something external to it or the settings (and their interaction with the driver) .....

It's really not funny, how can they release a board with a fault like this? Or is it a bad batch of chips? (If so please offer us a group RMA!)

Maybe we should start comparing serial numbers or something ..... if we could get someone with a similar setup that has no problems to post theirs ......

At this point i we should all get together and have a giant bon fire......:spam:

I agree.......or a refund should be in order.