Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

Well, I have 4 WD2500KS drives from Newegg which does not appear to have the TLER feature. At least not according to the officical WD site or the Newegg site.

This article

http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/ph...hp?p_faqid=1397

suggests that WD drives without TLER could suffer the issue described, which seems very similar to the problem suffered on this mobo.

Please help

Can everyone with raptors in raid post the exact model as per my post 3 up :)

I feel we may be getting somewhere.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This article

http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/ph...hp?p_faqid=1397

suggests that WD drives without TLER could suffer the issue described, which seems very similar to the problem suffered on this mobo.

Please help

Can everyone with raptors in raid post the exact model as per my post 3 up :)

I feel we may be getting somewhere.

Wow.. I'll be happy if we find the problem, but sad if this is it.. I bought 4 of these to the tune of 400 bucks and Newegg will only replace them with the same make and model, so I've just thrown the money away.

Wow.. I'll be happy if we find the problem, but sad if this is it.. I bought 4 of these to the tune of 400 bucks and Newegg will only replace them with the same make and model, so I've just thrown the money away.

This is a shot in the dark still, but if it does identify the problem it should then be much easier for DFI to fix it.

I presume from your reply that you do suffer the issue?

I am running 2 WD2500KS drives to in raid 0 on the board using ULI ports 1 and 2.

I have the problem, both with my Seasonic S12 600w, and Tagan 900w power supply.

On a sidenote, I was using this combo on the Asus A8R32-MVP without the issue, so how can TLER be blaimed when the chipset and the controller are the same on both boards? This would suggest that it can be fixed.

On a sidenote, I was using this combo on the Asus A8R32-MVP without the issue, so how can TLER be blaimed when the chipset and the controller are the same on both boards? This would suggest that it can be fixed.

If this is the issue, then i am guessing its somthing that ASUS fixed with this controller so that drives without TLER do not suffer. It is all guess work though... hopefully we will see a post back from someone with AHFD drives that does not suffer, this will tell us that TLER fixes the issue. Other drive makers may not need itm, they may handle things in a different way.

As i say, its just a thory... the more replies the better chance we have of proving one way or the other.

As DFI are pointing me in this direction, we have to explore it... they may just blaim WD if not... thats not an answer as any drive should work.

My ULI controler setup information:

uli4eu.gif

Next i going to post here my bios settings for you all to compare.

Interesting, so u have the non TLER and no issue.

Wonders why native command queue is disabled on ur raptors, mine 150's is available to select.

Interesting, so u have the non TLER and no issue.

Wonders why native command queue is disabled on ur raptors, mine 150's is available to select.

No issues now, but had before has i have mentioned.

Native Command Queue is disabled because it's not supported on WD Raptor 74GB, just on the new Raptor 150GB.

This is a shot in the dark still, but if it does identify the problem it should then be much easier for DFI to fix it.

I presume from your reply that you do suffer the issue?

Yes, it happens once every few hours for 10 seconds or so. Its the only problem with this motherboard I have yet to track down. I have tried the four drives in a Raid 0 and Raid 0+1 configuration. I've tried updating the drivers, various bios settings, etc.