Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

BTW (off topic) Simon I'm suprised you are getting away with the Seasonic on your system, I assume you have less case fans than me. My Seasonic S12 600w would give me bluescreens and lockups cause I have 5 case fans, it's a great supply but I think 1900 Xfire just taxes it too much.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW (off topic) Simon I'm suprised you are getting away with the Seasonic on your system, I assume you have less case fans than me. My Seasonic S12 600w would give me bluescreens and lockups cause I have 5 case fans, it's a great supply but I think 1900 Xfire just taxes it too much.

I watched ur issues with interest, but i have none of the problems you described.

The setup runs 273FSB 3.03Ghz on air ram 1:1. I have 6 120mm fans and 2 80mm's running. 5 hard Drives and a DVD drive. I run Xfire and can run at 675 core 750 Ram all day.

The rig went to a LAN this weekend and, despite the lockups / freezes, gamed without issue for 24 hours solid at 3Ghz on Air.

Apart from the issues discussed here... i have no problems at all.

The only thing different is that i use a Belkin UPS which provides very clean power to the PSU... or maybe i'm just lucky.

Can you run firefly forest 06 without a lockup? That's suprising if you can. I used the Seasonic as I waited for my new replacement Tagan 900w, with the 5 case fan plugged in it bsod whilst I was playing GRAW.

Can you run firefly forest 06 without a lockup? That's suprising if you can. I used the Seasonic as I waited for my new replacement Tagan 900w, with the 5 case fan plugged in it bsod whilst I was playing GRAW.

yes - no problem at all.

Another issue that i forgot all about, until now, as i try and backup some data before converting the Hitachi HD's to 3G...

ULI Raid setup and OS running from.

IDE Drive connected

Copy files from Raid to the IDE Drive

Usb mouse and keyboard. Mouse pointer freezes and the keyboard Num lock light flashes on and off.... wtf

Anyone else with the same issue, or able to try and confirm they have the problem before i go for DFI

Guest eva2000
Another issue that i forgot all about, until now, as i try and backup some data before converting the Hitachi HD's to 3G...

ULI Raid setup and OS running from.

IDE Drive connected

Copy files from Raid to the IDE Drive

Usb mouse and keyboard. Mouse pointer freezes and the keyboard Num lock light flashes on and off.... wtf

Anyone else with the same issue, or able to try and confirm they have the problem before i go for DFI

try with Silicon Image SATA disabled in bios. do you still get USB freezes ?

try with Silicon Image SATA disabled in bios. do you still get USB freezes ?

yes.

Oh and heres the good news NOT.... the Hitachi software will not see the drives in either the ULI or SIL controller... even when set to non raid.... classic

I did not know there was software required... goes to find.

HDtach gives 249 burst speed.

the Hitachi F-Tool will not work on this board...you will have to hook the drives up to an NF4 board or Intel board and enable the 3.0Gb/s feature, then plug the drives back into the ATI board (I fought this damn thing for about 6 hours the other night before I finally realized I had to enable teh 3.0Gb/s on an NF4 as it just won't work on the ATI board)

the Hitachi F-Tool will not work on this board...you will have to hook the drives up to an NF4 board or Intel board and enable the 3.0Gb/s feature, then plug the drives back into the ATI board (I fought this damn thing for about 6 hours the other night before I finally realized I had to enable teh 3.0Gb/s on an NF4 as it just won't work on the ATI board)

I just cant understand it. The Asus R580 board recognised the drives with the Hitachi software wile on the ULI raid controller.... what have DFI done to this controller... perhaps they should speak to Asus??????? : :confused:

Now my burst score on HDtach is 340... well fast.

eva2000

I have removed the raid array from the uli, now am on the sil, but still have a maxtor setup on the uli adaptor, all alone, and still get pauses on the drive. I have tried all the ram settings for my ram setup to no avail.

Not sure the paging errors are pauses, the uli errors are actual timeouts

We are suspicious of your hard drive type. Please check hard drive type first. Usually hard drive is designed to work specifically in either a desktop computer environment or on RAID controller. If you install and use a desktop edition hard drive connected to a RAID controller, the drive may not work correctly. This is caused by the normal error recovery procedure that a desktop edition hard drive uses. Please click following link for detail.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/ph..._li=&p_topview=[/font]

eva2000

I have removed the raid array from the uli, now am on the sil, but still have a maxtor setup on the uli adaptor, all alone, and still get pauses on the drive. I have tried all the ram settings for my ram setup to no avail.

Not sure the paging errors are pauses, the uli errors are actual timeouts

Linfas,

I had the same problem as you. Believe it or not, i changed my PSU Enermax Liberty 620W and all problems are gone.

Right now my system is 100% stable, no more issues and my 2x WD Raptor 74Gb - Raid0 setup on the ULI controler is power/stable as never been.

How's your Drive Strenght?!