What are your X2 4400 made of?

tasr

I've read over your OCs again, looks like 1.5v is necessary to get above 2.5.

Overnight I ran dual prime95s at 2.5Ghz with 1.45v in set in BIOS. Ran no problems, 10hours 22minutes, then I stopped it :)

Currently trying to find what's needed for 2.6Ghz. I do like having CnQ work though, so I'm just going to be using the CPU VID*110% etc options I think, although 110% is crapping out of p95 at 2.6Ghz, time to try *114% :)

I might just end up sticking to stock vcore and 2.4Ghz, as that gives me lovely low temperatures, and 100Mhz won't make much of a difference really. But then, 200Mhz more would be nice, and that'd make it an Fx-60, and as they cost £700 :eek2: here, it'd be pretty satisfying :nod:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, this board is just plain fun!

with my old a8n sli i beraly got to 2.6

now im running 240X11 (1:1) @ ~1.5! more or less, did 250X11 = 2750 but with 1.59 it failed prime after 22 hours :(((((( and i think doing ~1.65 or so vcore is a bit too high for a 24/7 rig...

ho well, 2650 fx61 :P is just cool for me

got mine at 2.5GHz (1.42v) for my "safe spot" although i've been able to boot into Windows at up to 2.85GHz, although at that point it was unstable. 2.7g seems pretty stable though, but never primed it. 2.5Ghz is great for me, and evens the PR rating to a nice 5000+ :)

reason for 2.5ghz as my sweet spot also relates to my PC4000 memory at DDR500, or 250Mhz... run the cpu:mem at 1:1 and put the multiplier down to 10x :nod:

i dunno, i reached 2.750 with about the same voltage as well, i just dont think its wise for a 24/7 system...

not to mention the temps really start raising...

whats your temp with the 2.7? is it still on 1.66?

norazwan79

First read this The Definitive DFI AMD Overclocking Guide. Then re-read it, and you will be surprised how much more info you’ll pick up.

I told you before everybody rig is different and even if your rig were identical chances are you’ll never get the same overclock. You can use the following links as a start, but be disappointed if you run into lots of issues if you try to copy somebody’s settings.

Stock Speed Database and Overclocking Database (OCDB)

Open up your own thread for help! Post it here and people will help you. Make sure to use this 939 Overclocking Database Template so that people can see all your settings.