amd 3700@fx55 primestable but restarts some times!

Hani

Hi my pc was primeversion 2414 stable for 10h look at this picture http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g313/amd3700/my5.jpg

but the system restarts some times i tried to clock down to 236x11=2596mhz (still running with this) but the problem still remains,

vdim 3.2v and cpuv on 1.4x104% and ldt multi on 4x tried 3x same problem! PLEASE HELP?

You should give it at least 3.4-3.5vdimm for your BH-5's, because the rebooting seems to be ram issue. Have you ran MEMTEST86 with the settings that keeps restarting or not? You should run that for about 8-10hrs to see if your memory needs more voltages or tweak more timings. I hope this helps.

Probably worth looking into the above recommendations.

However, I had a similar issue with my x2 3800+. It would prime just fine, and then the system would shutdown (actually at IDLE). I tried at lower settings and same issue.

I remounted the cpu and heatsink, and I pushed on all power connections, just in case and the problem went away.

Might not apply, but thought worth a mention.

RLM

• 2 weeks later...
You should give it at least 3.4-3.5vdimm for your BH-5's, because the rebooting seems to be ram issue. Have you ran MEMTEST86 with the settings that keeps restarting or not? You should run that for about 8-10hrs to see if your memory needs more voltages or tweak more timings. I hope this helps.
ok but which test 1-10???

ok but which test 1-10???

test 5 only minmumum 10 passes no errors,your timings are way to tight sounds like to me(bh5 or not).if i were u i would run ldt 4x,cas 3-2-3-5(if no good try)cas 3-3-3-6 @1:1 everything else auto...voltage lil higher then stock,as in 1.0 higher tops

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...27&postcount=51 bh-5.but hes using a reliable powersupply..

If you are only running 240MHz on the ram, do NOT give it 3.4-3.5v, that's way too much and will cause instability in itself. BH-5 needs the right voltage for the right speed and timings. I would say 3.2v for 2x512 @ 240MHz is about right, maybe even 3.0-3.1v would suffice.

I would look at timings first, looks like you're running the ram at 2.5-4-4-8, if it's BH-5 then you'll find 2-2-2-5 is going to be more stable (weird I know, but some ram types are more stable with tighter timings, BH-5 is one of them).

You can see how the chips scale with voltage here :

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showth...voltage+scaling

I would look at running 2-2-5-2-7-12-2-2-1-2-3120 with all else on auto with dram response at fast.

test 5 only minmumum 10 passes no errors,your timings are way to tight sounds like to me(bh5 or not).if i were u i would run ldt 4x,cas 3-2-3-5(if no good try)cas 3-3-3-6 @1:1 everything else auto...voltage lil higher then stock,as in 1.0 higher tops

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...27&postcount=51 bh-5.but hes using a reliable powersupply..

A : You want to give test#5 more passes than that, 25 passes is only just starting to warm the chips. I often find failures after 30 passes and use that as a minimum IF I use memtest (which isn't often, it's just a waste of time when a SuperPi1M then 32M run is a lot faster than waiting for 30+ passes of memtest #5 which doesn't guarantee stability in windows).

B : Keep it tight like I said, there's a reason people class BH-5 as the king of ram. Tight timings! You don't go and buy a sports car then run it on diesel do ya? ;)

• 5 weeks later...

I run my BH-5 at 237MHz @ 1.5-2-2-0-1T .... don't listen to these yahoos (except flowerking... but he's got exceptional sticks so his numbers are skewed) :).

You've running too few volts on that BH-5 to run at 240MHz IMO. 240 took 3.3v to get prime stable for me. Did you prime with custom settings and 800-900megs being tested?

You should test yours at 2-2-2-5-1T 3.3vdimm and then try memtest #5 for 25 runs then move on to superpi and prime95.