Need Chipset Replacement Now!!!

Guest scaramonga_merged

Guest scaramonga

OK.......I know of the plenty posts regarding this subject......but I'm UK based and require a quick replacement fan/block for my chipset ASAP!!

The Evercool VC-RE looks ideal......but I cant find any supplier here in UK??

I have a Bigwater system setup and am willing to upgrade pump and tubing (which I would have to do as my 6800GS is cooled on this also)........so a chipset block I could order here in UK would be OK also :)

Failing that.........a decent replacement is needed as the stock is on its way out......whining/rattling as per many others have done after a few months........ :rolleyes:

Many thx guyz! :D

Guest scaramonga

Many thx AG...... :)

But I'd much prefer summit thats gonna last this time buddy?........

I've also never ran the chipset fan at FULL speed......as its just to darn noisy......but on its lowest setting now........its loud!!!.........which is why I know its on its death bed :sad:

Goodbye water flow! :rolleyes:

Watercooling the chipset just isn't neccessary. IMO it's a waste of money.

A better alternative would to have a replacement sent for free.

He's using the bigwater system, so it will only minimally affect the flow.

It works quite well, but it is expensive (US $30). Maybe he can find one of those Vantec coolers over there.

Hi

Sorry if it's a bit late but bought this at the weekend:

http://www.tekheads.co.uk/s/product?product=602745

Removed the finger guard and replaced the 2 screws, fitted in seconds with a little AS5. Leaves about 2mm gap under the Leadtek 7800GT.

It's really quiet compared to the DFI one and you can make it even quieter from Smartguadian software control option. I set it to 80%.

Temps max at 43 degrees, was 50 so I'm happy.

Regards

Guest scaramonga
Here's how I cooled my chipset with a BigWater kit.

Very nice indeed buddy..... :nod:

I take it this clears the GPU card ok?........I have a 6800GS?

I wonder if this would greatly affect the flow rate as I already have a GPU block cooling the 6800GS?

Temps as of now are:

29 on CPU (idle) - 40 (load)

36 on GPU (idle) - 44 (load)

Okay, everyone seems to like the VC-RE or VC-RF, well, absolutely NOONE had it when i needed a replacement, so i went with this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16835110103

I love it, i dont even know its on thats how quiet it is. I accidently unpluged it, and left it unplugged for a few days and i didnt even know it was off. Idle of 38, load of about 44.

Recommended! :)

Damn link ^^^ aint workin, oh well, its the Vantec Iceberq. enoy. :cool:

Okay, everyone seems to like the VC-RE or VC-RF, well, absolutely NOONE had it when i needed a replacement, so i went with this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16835110103

I love it, i dont even know its on thats how quiet it is. I accidently unpluged it, and left it unplugged for a few days and i didnt even know it was off. Idle of 38, load of about 44.

Recommended! :)

Damn link ^^^ aint workin, oh well, its the Vantec Iceberq. enoy. :cool:

deeselcyde,

Hi , I am also in desperate need of a replacement northbridge cooler that keeps temps low and is QUIET , can't get a hold of the the VC-RE/VC-RF from evercool given my location so I'm looking at other options.The temps in my sig says it all :sad:

My question is : To install this cooler (the VANTEC) did you have to do any modifications at all ?

Best Regards,

Caspanis

It would be sufficeint on the NB, to fork-off a 1/4 or 3/8 line from the main 1/2" line coming out of the pump, send it directly to the NB, then directly fork back into the pump inlet. Dont even bother with the radiator.

The small amount of water diverted to the NB will just mix back into the water stream and ultimately get cooled. No need to hamper flow rate/volume through CPU/GPU blocks to accomadate making the NB happy.